Notary Rotary
Notary to a Signing Service Company
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by Roosevelt Hooker on 8/20/12 1:21pm
Msg #431158

Has anyone taken the next step into developing your own signing company, in order to have some leverage???

Reply by MW/VA on 8/20/12 1:26pm
Msg #431160

IMO opening a ss is not the next step. Many have

tried & many have failed. It's a whole different ballgame. If you have a lot of contacts, can handle the stress of the administrative side of things, and have enough capital to pay notaries without waiting for payment, then it's something to consider. Otherwise, ss come & go, while many notaries can weather the storms.
I'm not understanding your comment about "to have some leverage???" Do you think that gives you more control over getting paid?

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 8/20/12 1:42pm
Msg #431163

For more "leverage" I would suggest working directly w/ TC's n/m

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 8/20/12 2:22pm
Msg #431169

I wouldn't call it a "next step"

I'd call it suicide.... but I know it gets people curious.

I don't know more than a handful of notaries who have managed to run a professional, successful and REPUTABLE signing service.

I would never consider doing that.

Reply by Les_CO on 8/20/12 3:07pm
Msg #431178

see Msg #430490 n/m

Reply by MonicaFL on 8/20/12 7:50pm
Msg #431228

First of all, if you have never owned a company, believe me, there's a whole lot to it. I owned a specialized staffing agency and made sure I had enough money in the coffers to cover everything. My policy was: employees get paid first, bills get paid second, and if there was enough left over, I got paid. Always had enough money to cover everything but just thought I would throw this out to you. Especially since these SS's always tell you - well, when we get paid you get paid (and then sometimes you still don't get paid). That is no way to run a legitimate business. Bottom line - Your "employess" can make or break your business - if you don't pay them then how long do you think you will be "in business"? JMO

Reply by FeliseSoCal on 8/20/12 8:01pm
Msg #431230

It's an entirely different business model...

Not a next step.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.