Notary Rotary
People, stop what you are doing, go outside and
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by Belinda/CA on 8/12/12 2:30pm
Msg #430192

make sure your doorbell button is clean.

Reply by Sha/CA on 8/12/12 4:08pm
Msg #430199

Okay, why? n/m

Reply by Belinda/CA on 8/12/12 5:00pm
Msg #430205

Ha - haven't you noticed how filthy some

peoples' doorbells buttons are? Is yours that dirty?

Just a goofy statement I felt like making since the doorbell button yesterday was so disgusting I pushed it with my car keys so I did not have to touch it. It was a $400K home too.

A funny thought and LSAs making house calls should know what I was talking about right away and have a laugh today.

Reply by Les_CO on 8/12/12 5:55pm
Msg #430210

Re: Ha - haven't you noticed how filthy some

My doorbell is spotless, My house is probably worth $400K. That said very few ring my doorbell….but if you do, and you’re very very stupid you will pre-judge, me, my home, and are very likely not suited for this business.…. but just wait until you get inside……Surprise ….I’m normal….and you’re? Off your meds? Can’t see your therapist/counselor/physiologist?/ Need a new line of work?

Reply by ananotary on 8/12/12 8:32pm
Msg #430223

YIKES! A little harsh, maybe?

Reply by Belinda/CA on 8/12/12 8:37pm
Msg #430226

Thank you Ananotary. n/m

Reply by Les_CO on 8/12/12 8:44pm
Msg #430227

Yeah maybe?….but I didn’t laugh…If she would have said “bellybutton” it could have been funny... “ Did you check the borrowers bellybutton?”…even if stupid….. Maybe…But as stated it just makes us all look unprofessional. Sorry…JMO.

Reply by Belinda/CA on 8/12/12 8:37pm
Msg #430225

Who is off their meds? Who is doing the judging here?

Me thinks you fit the bill.

No home owner was judged by a dirty doorbell. What a good chuckle I get from you. Thank you for the entertainment today, Les. Again, you astonish us with the liberties you take in interpreting what posters have to say. Then you astound us by sharing your venom. Loosen up. Need a new line of work?

Doorbells get dirty and people don't think about them. Besides, who sees their own doorbell very often? I mentioned the caliber of home only because no one is immune. Good grief, Les. I can see why very few ring your bell. Although I think I did with my post. ;o)

Are you inferring you are the plumb-line for normal?

Mine was a simple statement that did not need anything read into it like you did. It was supposed to be funny. (Quick everyone, check your doorbells. :o)

There is a silent majority on this board that will let some posters rant and misjudge them and not comment because they do not want to be the brunt of insults and delusions of grandeur. Some have stopped posting all together because of being judged as you have done me this morning. How does it feel to be part of the reason some people do not post on this forum?

Maybe I do need medications - I am explaining myself to you. Nope, don’t think so. I am replying for the silent majority so they can see they don’t have to take it and stay off the board. We can post what we like and we do not have to put up with people who feel their opinion of us matters when it does not. Alas, a glass a wine while I wait to see how you can make yourself appear irrational some more. Stay tuned folks, here it comes....

Reply by Les_CO on 8/12/12 8:50pm
Msg #430228

Re: Who is off their meds? Who is doing the judging here?

You wrote your (very informative) post. I replied. This is just a chat board, and supposedly all opinions are welcome here. I would say more but I have to go clean my doorbell.

Reply by Lexie on 8/13/12 12:03pm
Msg #430283

Re: Who is off their meds? Who is doing the judging here?

I thought it was funny ! But maybe Les lost his sense of humor, granting that he ever had one. You are right about not posting on the board because of negative responses. Yes this is a board where we just may be talking about serious things related to business. It is also a board where we go to hear others stories of merriment and mayhem along the NSA Trail ! ! ! HaHa! But seriously, I would like to feel like I am among friends here and many times I just don't chime in, or I post privately. I hope Les feels better about the whole world around him, and I think doorbells are much like TV remotes used to be. We just don't think about them that much. But then personally, I don't have one. Want to see me, KNOCK! Yup, no new fangled bells for me. LOL. Thanks for letting me voice my opinion. Have a great day, all!

Reply by BrendaTx on 8/12/12 11:33pm
Msg #430241

What kind of filth?

So, was this doorbell sporting a coating of mold? Old food? Worse? I need to know where to draw the line on red alert doorbell cleaning time...I admit that it has never crossed my mind to clean the doorbell.

I have replaced them when they looked shabby, but I never gave much thought to cleaning one. I have had good cleaning ladies, maybe they have been whispering about me and cleaning them for me.

Reply by CJ on 8/13/12 12:31am
Msg #430250

Messy homes.

I've noticed that people who have basially clean homes (vaccumed, counters wiped, etc.) but with things out of place (books and papers on tables, toys on the floor), they apologize for the "mess". But slobs that with REAL piles of god-knows-what and stinky smells: they never apologize. I guess it is normal and acceptable and they don't even know what a mess it is.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.