Notary Rotary
Problem downloading docs from secure sites and Adobe 10.1.4
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by Lee/AR on 8/29/12 7:05am
Msg #432345

This is driving me nuts. No problem downloading, saving, then printing later. No problem with e-mailed docs. THE PROBLEM begins with late docs, gotta print right now, isn't site-specific, but is always with 'secure passworded sites'. Download docs, save, get off the secure site. Open Adobe, open docs...and the darn thing 'flutters'. Hard to describe, but the pages come & go...sorta like a film strip and the whole window is blinking and nothing works. I'd suspect 'evil possession' if I believed in that sort of thing.

Close it down, open it up a couple of times and eventually it settles down and works right. I've rebooted, changed batteries in cordless mouse/keyboard (because I couldn't think of anything else to do). But that doesn't help. Can't be some virus because eventually it does work. Also, once it works properly, it will always work properly.

Reply by MonicaFL on 8/29/12 8:02am
Msg #432351

I would suggest you uninstall adobe 10 and go back to 9. Doesn't seem to be many problems with 9.

Reply by bfnotary on 8/29/12 10:08am
Msg #432361

I just went and got adobe 9 back... I am much happier now. I hope I have a lot less problems now. We shall see.

Reply by JENNY/TX on 8/29/12 1:09pm
Msg #432379

I use Foxit Reader (foxit.com) now. It works much better for me. My Adobe did exactly the same as yours. Would hang up forever.

Jenny

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.