Notary Rotary
Provident Loan
Notary Discussion History

Provident Loan
Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by JAM/CA on 8/9/12 5:24pm
Msg #429934

Provident Loan

Just had a Provident loan kicked back from 8-3-12, because I had the borrower sign her name as it appeared under the signature line per instructions.

They wanted her signature to match the one on her I.D. Complete change from all the other countless Provident loans I have done.

Signing Service is on my side and will pay for a return trip to resign. Make sure you have the loan officers number for these. Seems the rules change all the time.

They also say she printed her name, which she didn't, she used cursive, but what do you do with a last name that is two letters?

Reply by ME/NJ on 8/9/12 5:33pm
Msg #429935

Re: Provident Loan (Never ever again will I do them)

Asked the company to never give them to me again. I think that is all they do.

Reply by Karla/OR on 8/9/12 5:59pm
Msg #429937

<<They wanted her signature to match the one on her I.D. Complete change from all the other countless Provident loans I have done.>>

At what point did Provident let ANYONE know this is what they wanted - after it was signed, sealed, and delivered back to them?????!!

So sorry you have to do the re-do. Glad you weren't given a bad time about being paid for it.

Reply by BossLadyMD on 8/9/12 7:28pm
Msg #429944

Wow...what a PITA, sorry u have to deal with that n/m

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 8/9/12 10:45pm
Msg #429973

sorry to hear that, they are such a PIA n/m

Reply by JanetK_CA on 8/9/12 11:13pm
Msg #429975

And what do you do with someone who doesn't know how to write in cursive? I've run into that countless times. Maybe those people are getting loans from Provident, but you never know... Sheesh!

Reply by JanetK_CA on 8/10/12 3:21pm
Msg #430040

meant to say "aren't" getting loans from Provident n/m

Reply by Kevin/Ct on 8/10/12 8:52am
Msg #429998

Any mark made with the intent to authenticate is a legally valid signature. Consequently an X made by an illiterate person is valid. I had a closing several years ago in which the elderly borrower had never gone beyond second grade. He had learned to print his name but never to sign in cursive. His printed signature was acceptable to the lender.

Reply by JAM/CA on 8/10/12 10:05am
Msg #430009

Kevin, I agree. Anyone, but Provident. n/m

Reply by NJDiva on 8/10/12 3:12pm
Msg #430038

OMGosh, the instructions clearly state that they

MUST (bold'd (?) and underlined in their instructions) sign their names EXACTLY (bold and underline) as it appears under the linen (and each person MUST date for themselves!!!) Too crazy...LOL The pressure is so stressful...lol Smile

I agree about people's sig's. Many times people whose English is a second language, do not know how to write in cursive (script, whatever.) It's just as frustrating to me.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.