Qualifications to become a notary
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by Colin Knuckles on 8/25/12 3:57pm
Msg #431998

Can someone help?

I was curious, Ive got a Battery conviction from a year and a half ago on my record. Its a misdemeanor here in CA, does anyone know if this disqualifies me from becoming a notary?

Reply by Yoli/CA on 8/25/12 4:17pm
Msg #432000

I believe your question is answered in the State's notary guidelines of 2001, page 10. Link below. However, when in doubt, call the SOS office.

http://www.sos.ca.gov/business/notary/forms/notary-guidelines-2001.pdf

Reply by HisHughness on 8/25/12 5:53pm
Msg #432011

In your case, Colin ...

... I wouldn't worry about the ramifications. I think the Secretary of State would regard a misdemeanor conviction as only a rap on the Knuckles.

Reply by Les_CO on 8/25/12 5:59pm
Msg #432012

Hi knuckles! I don’t know about our left coast “California” in particular, but if your battery charge is against a LO or a deadbeat SS we here in Colorado not only will welcome you, but see to it that you get a proper firearm, and permit, to use in future, so not to harm yourself, your hands (important when signing, and witnessing) in the performance of your duty. JMO!

Reply by sueharke on 8/25/12 6:41pm
Msg #432019

I think we CA notaries would help him get a concealed gun permit too if we could under the same circumstances.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.