Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Question for CA notaries with Docs from Florida?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by leeinla on 8/25/12 1:01am
Msg #431947

This is a Florida document,

Sworn and Subscribed before me, a notary for the Jurisdiction given this ___ day of.

My experience tells me to add a CA attachment, is this correct?

Can I use the standard FL form?

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 8/25/12 1:22am
Msg #431950

Since .... I don't know how long ago... but for years, all jurats taken within the state MUST be in the following form:

State of California
County of Wherever

Subscribed and sworn to (or affirmed) before me on this ___ day of _____ 2012
by ________________ , proved to me on the basis of satisfactory evidence to be the person(s) who appeared before me.

Thus you are correct, you must attach a CA compliant jurat.
Also, I would never presume to know what a "standard FL form" is; but whatever it is, don't use it.

Reply by leeinla on 8/25/12 1:33am
Msg #431951

Thanks a lot GoldGirl. There are true fabulous people here at notrot.

Here is another one that I am trying to figure out:

STATE OF FLORIDA__________________COUNTY ss:

Personally Known ____OR Produced Identification

Type of Indentifcation Produced

(Seal)

A bunch of legal stuff asking me something like recorded in Official Records Boo__________Page
and then more legal jargon.

I suppose just notarize with a CA acknowledgement.

I think this is it. Thanks for all your help.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 8/25/12 2:04am
Msg #431952

Well ... not sure what they are asknng you to do here. Even though it starts out like an ack with the venue format, it doesn't ask you to notarize a signature; only that you saw ID.
In which case, you could fill it out and sign - sort of like filling out a Patriot Act form - but you would never apply your notary seal because you're not notarizing the borrower's signature and you would not attach a CA ack. Maybe a FL notary could help as to what theyre asking. In any case, you can hardly fill in all that other stuff - like the book of maps or whatever. Just leave it blank.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 8/25/12 2:29am
Msg #431954

Yep. I've seen wording to that affect in several FL acknowledgments (and possibly jurats - don't remember for sure). I just attach one of my own.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 8/25/12 2:09am
Msg #431953

What GOLDGIRL said...

BTW, I strongly recommend getting your hands on a stamp with the CA jurat wording on it. Since it's relatively short (compared to the CA Acknowledgment form, at least) and since we have to ALWAYS use that exact verbiage for any jurat executed here, it comes in very handy. That way, you can usually fit it right onto the same page, and there's no need to attach anything. I use mine multiple times a day. They're available right here from Notary Rotary.

Reply by jba/fl on 8/25/12 6:41pm
Msg #432018

This is not standard FL form, format. n/m

Reply by Luckydog on 8/26/12 10:55am
Msg #432064

Re: This is not standard FL form, format.

For the past 8 years, I draw a line through the wrong state and county, initial and write in the state I am in, and never had a problem or have been questioned about it. Always worked for me.

Reply by NotaryGirl71 on 8/28/12 1:13pm
Msg #432263

Please Read your 2012 California State Notary Handbook

The second form most frequently completed by a notary public is the jurat. (Government Code section 8202) The jurat is identified by the wording “Subscribed and sworn to (or affirmed)”
contained in the form. In the jurat, the notary public certifies:
• That the signer personally appeared before the notary public on the date indicated and in
the county indicated;
• That the signer signed the document in the presence of the notary public;
• That the notary public administered the oath or affirmation*; and
• To the identity of the signer.
Any jurat taken within this state shall be in the following form:
State of California
County of ________________
Subscribed and sworn to (or affirmed) before me on this _____ day of _______, 20__,
by _______________________, proved to me on the basis of satisfactory evidence to be
the person(s) who appeared before me.
Notary Public Signature Notary Public Seal
Note:
Key wording of a jurat is “Subscribed and sworn to (or affirmed) before me.” A jurat
cannot be affixed to a document mailed or otherwise delivered to a notary public whereby the
signer did not personally appear, take an oath, and sign in the presence of the notary public,
even if the signer is known by the notary public. Also, a notary public seal and signature cannot be affixed to a document without the correct notarial wording.

This is taken DIRECTLY from the 2012 California notary Handbook Page 12.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.