Notary Rotary
Quill and UPS
Notary Discussion History

Quill and UPS
Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by JamesLee/VA on 8/31/12 9:18pm
Msg #432708

Quill and UPS

I had to break down and place an order with Quill 2 days ago since my Buy.com order did not go as planned. they had a great $25 off coupon for any order over $75.00. Not the best deal, but what tha h_ll. I live in the sticks, and have been busy enough to not want to trudge into COSTCO and lug a couple of 70lb boxes into my truck and bring them home to save $10.

I ordered 2 boxes of legal paper some pens and got a can of Ms Fields cookies to boot. My pens came and so did my cookies..but no paper..go figure. Tonight I come home and apparently UPS had been using my boxes as medicine balls for their loaders and unloaders. I suppose the boxes made their rounds in Northern Virginia and then out to me in 2 days. Well needless to say the paper was not in the best of shape, so I called Quill.

Have to admit..the cookies were great..the pens were sharp and now I have another 2 boxes on the way, free of charge. I did tell them that between the 2 boxes I had about one good box.
They told me to use what I could, donate what I couldn't if it was salvageable and they were shipping 2 more boxes.

Not a bad ending to a weird week!! Thank You UPS and Quill

Reply by sealed/CA on 8/31/12 10:34pm
Msg #432714

Nice. Big Smile

Reply by Art_PA on 9/1/12 6:13am
Msg #432725

Quill is a First Class operation. Quill's customer service is outstanding and always has been.

Reply by JamesLee/VA on 9/1/12 6:32am
Msg #432727

I wonder how much paper they replace

Due to UPS beating up the boxes. Pretty much every other order I place with them is replaced because of how UPS tears up their boxes. Quill doesn't even claim it. Their paper used to be packed in cellophane wrappers, but have since moved to paper.

Reply by A S Johnson on 9/1/12 9:26am
Msg #432743

and you are sure this happened in transportaton of UPS?
I tired of people putting down UPS. I have gotten things in bad shape through FedEx ground.
I understand the small package shipping is hard on packages to say the least. But, most of the damaged is caused by the shipper not packaging properly.
I have taken tours of both UPS and FedEx shipping hubs, I can say I can't see where any employee ia allowed the time to be "using my boxes as medicine balls".
What do what one carrier that can raise thier prices to where you can't use them?

Reply by MW/VA on 9/1/12 9:36am
Msg #432746

I've order from them in the past & they always will replace

any damaged paper or issue a refund for it. They are tops in customer service. I stopped ordering paper for delivery, because I just don't have the conscience to have them have to deliver to my 2nd floor condo. At least with Costco I can bring it up a few reams at a time.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.