Notary Rotary
Refinance Myself Inc.
Notary Discussion History

Refinance Myself Inc.
Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by DMOH on 8/1/12 1:50pm
Msg #428982

Refinance Myself Inc.

I took a loan application from these folks for this evening, but I can't find anything on them in SC or in notary talk. They are out of Florida, phone 561-921-4960. Has anyone had any experience with them?

Reply by jba/fl on 8/1/12 2:07pm
Msg #428987

See thread above....not so good. n/m

Reply by nez on 8/1/12 2:14pm
Msg #428989

I just wrote about them above. I really do not know what they are going to do in the long run. I did a 30 page application for them on 6-28, 60 miles round trip and they wanted to pay 125.00. I gave them a chance and of course said I would get the closing in about 4 weeks. Well I sent another message to "Lisa" and she said if you will send an invoice I will get you paid. Well I got a phone call from " Frank" and said I assure you, you will be paid but I want the title company to pay you when the loan closes. Which is another 4 weeks or more out. I told him he is not going to find notaries that will wait 60-90 days for their money. I will not do anymore for them until I am paid. I listed them in Not Rot.

Reply by MW/VA on 8/1/12 4:50pm
Msg #429005

"....I want the title company to pay you when the loan

closes". Yah, right! We don't operate on commission. I'm sure this wasn't part of your deal with them. It's a good thing you've added them to SC as a warning to other notaries.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 8/1/12 5:26pm
Msg #429013

Re: "....I want the title company to pay you when the loan

I wish I could see them in SC - they must not be coded for all states.

Reply by Refinance Myself Inc on 8/2/12 1:11pm
Msg #429109

Hello NEZ,

My name is Robert and I am the Operations Manager with Refinance Myself.

I became aware of your post and wanted to respond, for your benefit, as well as for anyone else we have done business with.

We hire signing agents to meet with our customers and have them sign the intial application and disclosures, and send them back to us, and then to go back and do the closing.

We do this so that the customer can ask basic questions about loan documents at application, and get them answered by a professional, and at settlement, the customer has already met with the agent once, and closings go smoother.

We typically pay the signing agent for both trips at once, after closing.
This is usually around three to five weeks. (Currently it is taking longer due to the amount of refis)

However, we understand that Mobile Notaries are a small business and that cash flow is important. We gaurentee payment for any service provided, so even if a loan is cancelled the Notary is protected and we pay.

If, at any time a Notary wishes to be discharged from the assignment and get paid for work done to that point, we will certainly honor that request.

We understand and appreciate the job performed by the signing agents we partner with, and want to maintain our relationships in an honest and fair manner.

If there is ever a concern please reply to me at [e-mail address] and I will resolve it for you.

Thanks,

Rob

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/2/12 1:45pm
Msg #429112

Is your company willing to pay for services within

thirty days? That is standard practice, and to ask us to wait until a loan closes or funds is unacceptable to most of us. Especially when it could take upwards of 60-90 days...

Also, as to this statement: "We do this so that the customer can ask basic questions about loan documents at application, and get them answered by a professional, " -

You do realize we are not loan officers. I'm curious what basic questions borrowers would have that we can answer about loan documents without crossing the line in LO territory or UPL.

JMHO, but if you want a database of good, reliable, professional signing agents, people who are in business and treat this work AS a business, who will get the job done for you to your satisfaction and then some, IMO you really need to re-think this payment policy.

Your company called me this morning for an assignment this Saturday - based on the payment policy I declined. But if this can be rectified I would be interested in working with you.

Reply by nez on 8/2/12 3:41pm
Msg #429130

Rob I am going to respond to you here so the other notaries can read this as well. When I was hired by Scott on 6-25, I was told that I would get the closing if I got the pre-disclosure docs signed. I told him since I had never heard of you guys (looked on all my notary sites but could not locate you,) I was taking a chance because most of the time, the notary gets shafted. When I arrived at the house, which was a 61 mile round trip, the couple was very friendly and ask had I ever heard of you guys, and of course I told them no. MrXXX said he could not believe you guys could help them since they were so far up side down in their mortgage. I just smiled said maybe they can, and in the back of mind, when I saw the balance and the property, I did not see how either, but that was not my call and I do not voice my opinion to any customer. They had asked several other companies and had been turned down. YOu can see thats when I thought, this will never close. So on 7-17-12 I spoke with Lisa in your office and ask how the loan processing was going and she was kinda rude and said she had never had a notary ask that question and would get back to me. Never heard from her. On 7-25-12 I sent her an email and ask any possible date since I needed to be paid for my services. She said I told you to send me an invoice and I will get that handled. She has never "told me " to send an invoice but I did. Then I get a call from Frank and said he cut the checks but he wanted to wait until the loan closed so the title company could pay the total fee. I ask Frank when it might close and he said looks like maybe another 3 weeks, so now we are into around Aug. 15. That was the dead line I gave him to pay me for the 1st trip. So if you read all this, you can see that I was not feeling warm and fuzzy about getting paid.

I hope you are a great company and can work out this payment issue. YOU need us and if I am the only notary giving you a problem, I apologize but I do not run my business on a 60-90 day pay. I have to pay my bills and it just want work.
So to answer your question on the release of my services and receive payment, please release me and send my payment. If I were in your position, I would want the same notary to finish the job since the customers already have met this person and I am sure you found the documents you received in satisfactory order or I would have heard from you.
I do not post on NotRot very often so I am sure I have made some mistakes in the memo.

Thank you
Inez

Reply by Refinance Myself Inc on 8/2/12 5:30pm
Msg #429145

Inez, your payment is being sent out today.

For everyone else reading this post, please be advised that we explain the payment process up front, and we obviously do not force anyone to take an assignment.

Many signing agents appreciate the fee we pay for the dual assignment, and are willing to wait to collect.

We have been employing this practice for the past four years, without a problem.

With respect the comments posted regarding answering customer's questions, let me clarify, we are not asking signing agents to act as Loan Officers, or to do the jobs of Loan Officers, but when a customer sees a TIL for the first time, and asks what an "APR" is, it is helpful to have a signing agent there instead of a courier.

I sense a lot of frustration out there in the Notary Community, and I understand where you are coming from, but please do not pile on us, we are not the enemy, we always pay our closers, and we are just offering you the opportunity to do what you do best.

If we didn't care I wouldn't have posted these comments.

Sincerely,

Rob

Refinance Myself Inc.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/2/12 11:23am
Msg #429100

They just called me - when I questioned it he said

yes, it could take as long as 60-90 days to get paid -

Meanwhile, I think he's on his way here to check the feedback.. Smile

Reply by nez on 8/2/12 1:11pm
Msg #429108

I think they are going to have to realize, pay for the 1st trip and then when it closes, they can pay for the 2nd. Notaries are not going to wait 60-90 days for the money on the 1st trip. They could be a good company to work for, but I do not have anything to base this on. I told them my fee for the 1st signing is due on 8-15. We shall see.

Reply by nez on 8/2/12 3:16pm
Msg #429123

Linda you took the words right out of my mouth, Thank you. You can not expect "professional" notaries to wait this long to be paid. I think your statement about paying the notary for the 1st trip and then hiring them again or another notary , is your best bet. You may be a great company and I would love to have another company that pays good and does what they say, but your going to have a hard time doing your job if you do not take care of your notaries. Yes I can explain every document to the customer, I have been in the mortgage business for over 30 years, but that is not what you guys want us to do nor do you pay enough for us to do your job.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.