Notary Rotary
Revisit w/FindNotary.com rant
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by jba/fl on 8/27/12 9:11am
Msg #432102

I wrote them demanding they remove the incorrect data and the profile on their site that had my name. Can you believe they asked:

"Please provide us with the URL so we are positive that we remove the correct profile.

We look forward to hearing from you soon."

Mind you - I provided them with all the info along with a few choice words about legal ramifications and mixing my profile with another and I would be contacting her as well...they have until today to correct this....I want total removal, as I feel the entire site is to add legitimacy to Notary Now, which comes up on every page as the first listing, and pop ups all over as well. Of course, I added my 2 cents as to their legitimacy as well, suggesting everyone distance themselves from NN, but don't really see that happening.

Everyone here should demand they be removed - then there would be just the real reason left, that self-serving NN, that illegal entity.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 8/27/12 9:20am
Msg #432104

Just looked and I am there also (did not sign up). It says I am with Elyon Inc. Who the he** is that??? I will also be writing and demanding removal.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 8/27/12 9:24am
Msg #432105

Just googled Elyon Inc. It is another Mobile Notary in Arlington IL. I just tried calling Elyon with no answer. Will keep trying.

Reply by jba/fl on 8/27/12 9:36am
Msg #432107

My demand letter:

I never signed up with you folks - the information you have for me is not correct. Please remove
Julianne B. Akyol
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Orlando, FL
407-xxx-xxxx

The company name belongs to another - not me. I am informing her so that she can join me in a lawsuit for populating your site with erroneous information without the consent of either of us, as I am certain she does not want her business name attached to me.

Complete this removal immediately. You have until Monday, August 27, 2012 to comply.

Of course, now I had to return, thereby raising their numbers, to get the URL that they have no clue to retrieve on their own. Make sure you put yours in your letter.

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 8/27/12 9:34am
Msg #432106

There are more than 1300 listings from my city. It's obvious that they just looked us up on the SOS website. They have the PD listed!

Reply by CinOH on 8/27/12 9:44am
Msg #432108

Thanks for this post. I've never heard of these people and never signed up to be listed with them. They also have me listed there and as a closing company I've never even heard of. I've requested removal also.

Reply by dutchcloser on 8/27/12 10:19am
Msg #432111

Thanks for the information!

I'm also listed and never signed up. Who do these people think they are and how dare they put our profiles up without permission! I also demanded to be removed.

Reply by Lee/AR on 8/27/12 10:45am
Msg #432115

I, too, am listed--correctly with my co. name--which they won't/can't get from SoS, so they are data-mining various notary listing sites or the various 'business sites' (google, citysearch, etc.)
Will also request removal. All this activity on their site will produce a temporary 'bump' for them, but then it ought to drop.

Just by their mode of self-promotion, you can tell that somewhere someone from the XYZ is involved.
Definitely not saying XYZ is involved--just saying somebody learned something while working there.

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 8/27/12 12:32pm
Msg #432117

I contacted them in May & July: They said they get info

from the state. however, mine had a quote from either city search or google ads so obviously they are mining other sites as well. I too was asked for the URL.
In July they emailed a survey request with chance to win $25 gift card.
No doubt that gave them a bunch of hits on their site.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/27/12 1:22pm
Msg #432123

"they said they get info from the state"

that's a crock. My website is NOT listed with the State of Florida and they have it there.

Reply by Priscilla Witman on 8/27/12 12:35pm
Msg #432118

It took them 3 days to get back to me on my listing. They have my home address listed.
I told them I wanted to be removed immediately, and today they said, "Can we ask why?" to which I replied that I didn't want to be affiliated with them or their online notarization affiliate and I never signed up with them. They have until today to remove my listing.
I know it's not hard to figure out where someone lives, with a little time and navigation on various web sites. The point is, I am not going to willingly hand out that information, with no clue as to who might use it.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/27/12 12:36pm
Msg #432120

Wow...my listing is actually accurate..and I never

listed with them either. They must be leaching listings from other sites.

Reply by JandB on 8/27/12 12:38pm
Msg #432121

they connected my name to UPS and

I can tell from the info they have they mined it from 123.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 8/27/12 1:48pm
Msg #432126

I think that URL request is a smokescreen. I just looked up my name (also with me in the wrong city), and checked the URL. It simply said Findnotary.com/search. In my request to be removed I added a paragraph stating that the message I was sending included all the info I needed (i.e. my name) to find my inaccurate listing.

I wish I had added something about the online notarization because even if the listing was accurate there, I wouldn't not want to be in a database that was linked to that outfit in any way - even if it was just as a paid advertiser! I'll check in a couple of days and if I'm still there, I'll send another demand.

I just checked my listing again and right above mine is a listing for the online web notarizations - the only two things on the page. Is that the way others' listings show up, too? I don't want to be associated with them in any way at all and I suspect most of you would strongly agree. I find this infuriating! I'm thinking that we should try to get our respective SOS offices involved and perhaps whatever federal agency that might be relevant, as this is a blatant misrepresentation, implying that we are affiliated with them. Or worse, it's trying to siphon off any would-be customer and redirect them to the online crooks. Off the top of my head, I'm not sure which it agency it would be - and no time to research it today, but I'd appreciate hearing anyone else's thoughts on this.

Thanks for posting on this Julie. I believe this is an issue that will require more time and action from many of us, but is well worth it.

Reply by BrotherOwner on 8/27/12 2:16pm
Msg #432127

Re: Revisit I suggest that everyone

file a formal complaint with the BBB ( yes I KNOW how effective they are) and with the secretary of state in their home state. That should give them a little bit of the rating they deserve. NO, I have not checked if I'm listed, gotta run today....

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/27/12 2:24pm
Msg #432130

I wonder if the more appropriate venue for complaints

on this is IC3? This is, after all, an *internet* website which has, apparently, leeched it's listings from *another* internet website (or 2 or 3).

I know the FL SOS and the BBB are not going to do a d**n thing about it - it's outside their purview. This, I believe, goes more toward interstate commerce.

Just a thought.

Reply by BrotherOwner on 8/27/12 2:44pm
Msg #432133

Re: I wonder if the more appropriate venue for complaints

They MAY not do anything about it, as I surmised, BUT just having complaints on file at these entities may send a message to whomever tries to look them up. It may waste their time answering if it gets that far. File a complaint with 123/Jeremy and anywhere else the incorrect data has been "acquired" from. Do nothing, it continues, unchecked. Be creative combating a pest.

Reply by Gregory/CA on 8/27/12 3:28pm
Msg #432142

My name is listed and has my former address. The only party that had my former address prior to my updating it was the Secretary of State. So, my belief is they downloaded the file from the SOS which lists all Notaries Public and uploaded it to their site. Yep, there is a Winzip file on the SOSs site of all the commissioned NPs.

Reply by Saul Leibowitz on 8/27/12 5:32pm
Msg #432163

My name listed showing an affiliation with another company; also another notary listed with her name and her number at that company and showing my address.
I always ask callers where they got my name and no caller has mentioned this site yet.
I posted a review under my name saying that I am not affiliated with this company, this website, and did not authorize my name being listed.

Reply by Sylvia Gee on 8/27/12 6:57pm
Msg #432171

can you help i am trying to find out if they have info on me.
i tried to find out but couldnt find out how to look up my name.

Reply by jba/fl on 8/27/12 7:33pm
Msg #432175

Sylvia - if you go to this website and cannot figure out what to do, there is nothing anyone else can do to help you. There, in great big capital letters it tells what to do.

If you are not listed, be thankful.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.