Notary Rotary
S S using Do Not Reply
Notary Discussion History

S S using Do Not Reply
Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by Erwin/CA on 8/19/12 10:48am
Msg #431007

S S using Do Not Reply

What is it with Signing Services using "Do Not Reply" e mail addresses on their confirmation? A number of them recently have been using this and there is no way to let them know you received the confirmation. Some have an e mail address later on in the confirmation, but one recently had no e mail address in the confirmation. I had to wait for them to send me the docs to get an e mail address to reply to. I called their phone number to acknowledge the receipt of the confirmation and the person I talked to had no acceptable reason for sending it out with no ability to reply. Erwin

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 8/19/12 11:14am
Msg #431009

Presumably, when they call, you should write down

Name of person you spoke to
Name of SS (so you can look it up if you have never worked for them before)
Phone #.

Reply by JPH13/MO on 8/19/12 11:16am
Msg #431010

Re: S S using Do Not Reply - usually another way to confirm

I work for a few like this, where the email address sending the confirmation is a "don't reply" type email and a contact email is later on within the email, but it is because they have another way they want you to confirm acceptance, either a number to call or way to do it on their website, so they don't want you to just reply and confirm and so made it harder to do that so you would confirm the way they want you to confirm.

Reply by sueharke on 8/19/12 1:29pm
Msg #431021

Re: S S using Do Not Reply - usually another way to confirm

Maybe the company has a internal control procedure that makes it easier to read confirmations from one email address. Too often the spammers love to fill the "do not reply" email box with junk.

Reply by MW/VA on 8/19/12 7:04pm
Msg #431070

While a PIA, I sometimes think they do that so the

confirmation info. is more secure. There's usually an email address, like "help@so&soss.com, to direct questions to.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.