Notary Rotary
Sign of the Times
Notary Discussion History

Sign of the Times
Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by 101livescan on 8/3/12 12:30am
Msg #429190

Sign of the Times

Had a signing tonight with a lady who said the last time she ref'ncd, the notary who met her didn't have a car, asked her to meet at some office she borrowed on State Street, little obscure, seemed to be a "massage" place.

The client wanted to know about her rescission, the notary had no clue. She kept telling the client, just sign, everything will be fine. When she got up to leave, borrower asked her for a copy of the documents. Notary said, I didn't have time to make them, we can go to kinko's and you can make a copy for yourself, then I'll send the originals from there.

By the way, can you drive us to Kinko's.

Now, that's a full service notary, I'd say.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 8/3/12 2:41am
Msg #429192

Yikes! I hope that notary is out of the business now. Even though those types of folks easily make us look like superstars by comparison (well... I know you're a superstar anyway, Cheryl Wink) it still bothers me that they're out there accepting loan signings. They sure don't do much for the overall image of the people in our business, to say the least!

Some people clearly just don't get it - or just don't care - or maybe both.

Reply by MW/VA on 8/3/12 7:19am
Msg #429197

That's one NNA should put in their newsletter! LOL n/m

Reply by Buddy Young on 8/3/12 5:28pm
Msg #429277

She probably couldn't make it as a "massage therapist " so she became a notary to suppliment her massage business. Maybe it was one of those places that offer more than a massage, guess she couldn't make it there either.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.