Notary Rotary
Some borrowers are just the sweetest people and why I love
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by Linda Juenger on 8/12/12 12:53pm
Msg #430183

my job. Had a last minute call Friday and I took it. Before I even got the confirmation, the borrower is calling me. I didn't even know their names or address yet. We talked a few minutes and I told him I would call him when I had the docs and give me a few min to print them and I'd be on my way. An hour went by and he called again and told me he put little whirly pinwheels on each side of his driveway so I was sure not to miss the house. He greeted me at my car, insisted he carry my briefcase, opened the door, pulled out the chair for me. At my spot was a plate of cookies and a napkin and a tea cup. He poured my tea. How could I refuse. Such a gentleman. I was treated like a queen. I could have stayed there forever and conversed with him. Such wisdom our elders have.

Reply by jba/fl on 8/12/12 12:57pm
Msg #430184

Really lovely response to you and your service. I get tickled by some of the people I see as well.

As for our elders:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Having_Our_Say:_The_Delany_Sisters%27_First_100_Years

we need to treasure them.

Reply by HisHughness on 8/12/12 1:14pm
Msg #430187

The reception one OldePhart gives another OldePhart ...

... is probably going to be quite different.

The widows are afraid you're after the bank account the late husband left when he died on his way to see his 36-year-old mistress, whom he picked because her bustline matched her age. The widowers are resentful that you're charging more than $6 per notarization, which is what they can get at UPS.

I am, of course, being most facetious. I like serving seniors, and they seem to like dealing with me, probably because it's not all that frequently they run across someone older than they are who is still working.

Reply by Les_CO on 8/12/12 1:51pm
Msg #430189

Re: The reception one OldePhart gives another OldePhart ...

Again I would have to agree….In reality I do find some older widows a bit wary, but usually when they see that I’m in their same age group, and I say that that I’m only there as a convenience to them the trepidation disappears. Could also be ‘cause they don’t think I’m not smart or young enough to deceive them? Old people trust me, young people believe me. I like’um all.
But to Hugh I thought you mostly hung out with old guys that had two fingers of Copenhagen under their front lip, or smoking a soggy cigarette in the corner of their mouth, and able drink a semi-warm draft while so occupied, (multitaskers) at the Poodle Lounge? Lot of widows there?

Reply by Karla/OR on 8/12/12 1:55pm
Msg #430190

That's amazing! What a gentleman. One signing like that makes up for a whole lotta crap in previous signings, right?!!

Reply by MW/VA on 8/12/12 5:21pm
Msg #430206

That was super nice & like a vitamin shot to all of us

who get weary from the print, run, sign, run, ship routine. I'm sure it made your day! :-)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.