Notary Rotary
TCs that book 10+ days in advance...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by Marian_in_CA on 8/1/12 9:58am
Msg #428943

...and don't even blink an eye about your fee?

Yes, yes I love them so.

That's all. Happy August!

Reply by ME/NJ on 8/1/12 10:27am
Msg #428951

Treat them like last minute deals

I have 3 for August and I will bet 1 will only come to table. Anything over 1 week is tricky most will re-schedule a couple times in the month.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 8/1/12 10:54am
Msg #428959

Re: Treat them like last minute deals

I know people have said that happens, but I don't think I've ever had one of these reschedule on me. I've had one cancel that I remember.... but that was because, well, the borrower died. Frown Out where I am, my bookings for closings are filling up fast because for a 30+ mile radius I'm one of the few mobile notaries who do closings (it's very remote), and trying to get me for a same day closing never happens. I think the local TCs and escrow companies are catching on to this and booking me in advance. I'm not complaining at all. In fact, it's a good thing as far as I'm concerned. I've always maintained that there is no reason to try to book the notary at the minute.... and besides, trying to book me for a loan package less than 6 hours in advance? Not happening these days. GNW? Sure, those are different, but I've never, ever accepted that last minute packages are "just the way it's done" --- I don't support that. That's why I charge a premium for late notice loan jobs. I realize those in areas more saturated with notaries, its easier to leave things to last minute. Last minute just isn't option where I am.

More and more, people are telling me how they can't find a notary or their usual notary just resigned or didn't renew their commission. Here in CA, the economy is really impacting things because the commission process is so time consuming, restrictive and expensive. More and more businesses can't justify the expense of maintaining a notary on staff - others can't manage to find an employee to pass the background check (yikes!).

Reply by MW/VA on 8/1/12 10:44am
Msg #428957

I'm getting more that are scheduled at least a week in

advance & I love that! :-)

Reply by ME/NJ on 8/1/12 11:32am
Msg #428964

Re: I'm getting more that are scheduled at least a week in

Half of my week is planned a week ahead. (TS) and have docs too. If I get two days notice I feel that is pretty good, but the other half is 24 hours or same day. Next week have 6 already scheduled and it's only Wednesday.

Reply by Jessica Ward on 8/1/12 7:25pm
Msg #429022

I have a couple who do this.

They never reschedule, redraw or cancel. LOVE IT. Some companies really do have their #)*# together. Smile

Granted, I know there's lots of reasons to wait on scheduling until the last minute.... but not nearly as many as these companies would like us to think. ;-)

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 8/1/12 10:06pm
Msg #429054

Re: I have a couple who do this.

I have one scheduled for Aug 17th..I like that!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.