Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
The Closer LLC...Anybody done anything for them recently?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by Barb25 on 8/20/12 11:42am
Msg #431119

Got a call. Couldn't take due to conflict. However, I asked fee structure. I understand they offer $90 up to 150 pages and 40 mile radius.... Not attractive in any case. Is that what everyone is being quoted?

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/20/12 12:01pm
Msg #431127

Research this company closely Barb - no personal

experience but my spidey-senses are kicking in - I seem to remember reading something very recently, not all flattering.

Reply by JPH13/MO on 8/20/12 12:15pm
Msg #431133

One of the owners of NOW Closings split away from them and created this company. I made more than that with NOW Closings, and haven't yet worked for this company, but I did have a signing canceled last week due to no docs with NOW Closings and was informed that The Closers would be taking it over and would reschedule with me - when they said the day and time it was to be rescheduled I let NOW Closings know I was already booked so I haven't worked for this new company yet. I have heard the owner of this new company is a good guy, but no other details. Hopefully they will pay more than that at least to those of us used to get more from NOW Closings.

Reply by Barb25 on 8/20/12 12:28pm
Msg #431140

Thanks Linda and Jillian

I searched "here" and didn't find much to sink my teeth into so-to-speak. I did receive an email from Pablo and saw his post here. I am still getting calls from NOW. I don't know. Just trying to get some feedback from guys like you that will give me info I can rely on. So I appreciate you taking the time to answer. We shall all just have to wait and see I guess. But right now... $90, 150 pages, 40 mile radius is not setting my world on fire. Then I read (or should I say glanced) about scanning back "stuff." Again, we shall see, I guess.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/20/12 12:38pm
Msg #431143

THAT'S what it was...Pablo...

I take back my "unflattering" comment - Pablo used to work at NowClosings. He's off on his own just recently I believe. Not sure enough has been posted to reach a conclusion. But that $90 is right at what NOW used to offer me, but no faxbacks and within my own county (under 25 miles).

Good luck...keep us posted on this...and add them to SC if you have enough info.

TIA

Reply by Carol Graff on 8/20/12 10:48pm
Msg #431264

4 miles away $90

I took it because it was local. They called to ck on things a few times--we'll see how quickly they pay. no faxbacks.

Reply by jba/fl on 8/20/12 10:52pm
Msg #431266

Carol - thanks for letting us know. Can you also add to SC? n/m

Reply by JPH13/MO on 8/21/12 1:26pm
Msg #431334

Re: THAT'S what it was...Pablo...

I linked this discussion. I have the signup package for this company if anyone wants it. There are things they want us to do that I will be crossing out, especially wearing a tucked in blouse, and nylons no matter what, but since I got business from NOW Closings it's worth a try.

Reply by Patg/CA on 8/21/12 1:43pm
Msg #431336

I was offered $90 for a local signing, so I accepted. I was hoping to find out more about the company (i.e., payment history, etc.). If anyone has dealt with them previously, please let us know.

Reply by Pablo Iglesias on 8/21/12 7:29pm
Msg #431381

Hey everyone! Yes I run The Closer LLC, but I do not own it. Boston National Title has decided to open their own closing company and I agreed to come on board to run it. Nowclosings is still in existence but all BNT closings will go through the new firm.Boston National title has huge contracts with every large bank in this country and they have promised to let me try to improve this process. I understand everyone's reluctance to accept $90 per closing. That is why we tell everyone that is our global notary fee. Global Notary means you will hardly ever receive a call from us you are 1 in 20,000 notaries in a database. The notaries who take the time to register will be given the starting fee of $95 and anyone who I know has a great record from now closings I have no problem getting them $100 per closing. In all reality you receive 75%-85% of the fee we charge that means I have to squeeze 15 families who work for The Closer LLC, expenses, and some form of profit into 15-25%. That is the honest truth. I promise you the first thing I said when I accepted this job is that I want to change the way this industry is run, pay the notaries faster and I wanna make sure that every notary public takes our business at the drop of a hat because they respect this company.

When will you receive payments? I plan on having checks in your hand within 21 days...even faster in most cases.

As far as the registration package is concerned, obviously the dress code I made as strict as possible because I wanted people to take this seriously. I do not like getting yelled at when closers show up 1) in beach attire and sandals, 2) shorts and t-shirts, 3) Drunk, 4) with friends, etc. (these are all real instances). That lack of professionalism causes a company like BNT to lose a $5 million dollar contract because of 1 closing incident.

I understand that wearing hose may be ridiculous in FL heat. That 2 inch heals may not exist in your closets. It was meant to show how serious I am. The bottom line is I work 15 hours everyday at high stress levels including Saturdays for nothing if we lose that kind of contract. I just want everyone who takes a job to realize yeah you can wear a polo to meet Mr Smith at Starbucks for a signing, but when you are asked to go into a professional setting (bank branch) you should probably dress the part.

I am here to help you with any questions you may have...

We are a completely open book. Email me at [e-mail address] and I will send you our packet (I am completely swamped registering notaries and managing the Charlotte office and our call center so please excuse me if I do not reply asap).

I look forward to working with you all. Thank you!

PS. I closed loans for many years, I have seen it all and heard it all. I am one of you! Smile

Reply by BrendaTx on 8/21/12 7:53pm
Msg #431383

Pablo,

Pantyhose are not stylish, nor are they required professional wear in the summer or winter.

Stop worrying about pantyhose and two-inch heels. Hire professionals that do not need to be told what to wear. That you are sending out letters of this type indicates you've not been hiring the right people. I'm serious, too.

Reply by Jessica Ward on 9/7/12 2:56pm
Msg #433559

I just got offered $90 for printing and signing. I'll pass

Substantially under my minimum in-town fee without printing. No thanks!

Reply by spd on 9/17/12 9:55am
Msg #434708

I have done 5 closings so far. 1st two were on 8/23 and 8/24. I was just told direct deposit is not set up, but one commenter has stated paid in two weeks. Next check run I am told is 9/28. 5 weeks for payment is unacceptable for a $95 signing. We will see if I get paid my $500.00 eventually. I was told a week ago that it was 15 days for direct deposit and 20-30 for a check. Story has changed. I will be postponing any more signings for a while. Why do the Signing Agents get treated so poorly?

Reply by spd on 9/23/12 3:21pm
Msg #435565

Update.....Got paid for the two August signings on 9/28/2012. 5 weeks to receive payment. I will still hope it is just growing pains for them.

Reply by JulieD/KS on 12/7/12 3:07pm
Msg #445816

I stopped taking signings $90 clear back in 2007 when gas prices were substantially lower. There is no way in the world I would accept a signing today for an amount that wasn't even enough five years ago. The Closer LLC just called me today. I let it go to voicemail...and have not returned their call. Not interested.

Reply by littleb on 12/18/12 9:34pm
Msg #447018

I did a signing for them on 12/18/2012 with a 121 or more pages x 2 and wanted the whole package faxed back. They only want to pay $90 but I was able to get a little more. Low ballers

Reply by Christine Allies, Allies Business Services on 2/4/13 4:25pm
Msg #453955

I have accepted many signings from The Closer, LLC and I have had a very good experience with them. True their standard rate is $90 - $95, but Pablo has said that will increase as the business grows. They are giving me at least 2-3 signings per week. The docs are available in plenty of time, their online system is great and easy, they have a link to download a map, so no need to google separately, they call to let you know docs are available. If there are issues at the signing table, you leave a message and will get a return call in less than 15 minutes. Rarely have I been asked for faxbacks, and even then I scan & email. Last week I had an issue where the borrower refused to sign due to the payment on the docs not matching what the lender told them. I called the 'emergency' number after leaving a msg on the regular line. Pablo called back within minutes, and this was at 9:15pm in CA. The closing was terminated, but has been rescheduled and I was called first for the re-sign. They paid a decent Print/Trip fee for the cancelled signing. They pay promptly, although they have had some growing pains. Their staff are all very professional and courteous. Please give them a chance to grow , or keep refusing the signings and those of us who work with them will thank you for giving us the business !

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.