Notary Rotary
The waiting game has me very frustrated today
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by snowflake/PA on 8/27/12 9:50am
Msg #432109

Called my vendors. "Docs on the way." When I accepted the assignments on Friday, I was told I'd have docs first thing Monday AM. Gave them my cut off times. Still no docs and 4 closings today. Don't want to lose work. But if push to comes to shove, I may have to turn one back. Most BOs are pretty flexible, thankfully.

Reply by ME/NJ on 8/27/12 10:08am
Msg #432110

Have all documents but for last deal at 7pm, and it is a Chase loan. EOM day I will turn down work from companies known for late docs unless it is last deal of night.

Reply by Carolanne/PA on 8/27/12 10:44am
Msg #432114

It can be frustrating. I'm waiting for docs for the first appointment of the day. I've called a couple of times. Same story. I keep telling myself it goes with the job. On the up side, I already printed for half my evening appointments.

Have a great day everyone and be safe on the roads.

Reply by snowflake/PA on 8/27/12 11:05am
Msg #432116

These are good companies. Just overworked and probably

short staffed.

Reply by bfnotary on 8/27/12 1:15pm
Msg #432122

Today is actually kinda slow for EOM. 1 signing during day, which is done.. And 3 of them starting at 6 pm. So 4 but a slow day, Could have done more, This month has actually been busier for me the rest of the month. This month is just backwards for me.

Reply by CJ on 8/27/12 1:37pm
Msg #432124

Slow for me today too.

I had 7 on Friday so I was anticipating a mess of last minute calls today. I got up early, dressed for work, did chores, packed my food for the whole day -- and the phone is NOT ringing. Hmmmm.

I started with three scheduled for the day and one already canceled.

Reply by jba/fl on 8/27/12 1:40pm
Msg #432125

Re: Slow for me today too.

My 6pm is at a public place, no docs yet and they are going to have a 4 yr. old with them. Double, or triple, ugh. Maybe quad ugh.

Reply by chucke/fl on 8/27/12 2:24pm
Msg #432129

Re: Slow for me today too.

I had only one booked for today, missed on on a dropped call. The worst EOM this year for me:-(

Reply by CopperheadVA on 8/27/12 2:21pm
Msg #432128

EVERYONE wanted to close on Friday!

Turned down half a dozen callers on Friday as I was already booked with my regulars. Have 4 today - one already done this morning and 3 more starting at 5 PM. Just finished waxing my car in between morning and evening appointments and now am printing all my docs for tonight. Turned down one caller for tonight and one email request for a company I refuse to work for. Other than that it has been quiet today.

Reply by Joe/NC on 8/27/12 4:05pm
Msg #432154

Re: EVERYONE wanted to close on Friday!

had 2 today 2 on friday, could have had another today company wanted 230 I told them fine I will reARRANGE WITH THE 2 i HAVE THEY ARE FLEXIBLE they called back and said they foiund someone else borrower was afraid I could not be there 230 on dot since i was rearranging schedule.

I told co that You booked it with me and I told you I could do the 230 that I was ready to do it and didnt think it was right they cancel. tehy tell me they will get me on the next one ya right.

I got another call title company wanted me to do one at 1130 I asked tonight they said yes at airport borrowers were landing 1130, I told them that date would probably be tomorrows date AT THAT HOUR and I would charge much moire than std that hour and situation, they didnt seem pleased that date would be different, sounded too fishy turned it down.

had another in next county wanted to give 125 find out it is reverse nd furhter out than i expected told them my fee would be much higher since its reverse, longer trip, more paper and longer process, they couldnt afford me.

so Dont have much todqay for eom maybe tomorrow get better.

Joe/NC

Reply by CJ on 8/27/12 4:14pm
Msg #432155

Any thoughts on why everyone wanted to close Friday? n/m

Reply by ME/NJ on 8/27/12 4:54pm
Msg #432159

For me they are HARP deals so the couple of days of

pre paid interest does not matter, not sure what LO's make on these deals since most kick back large credits.

Plus this is a huge vacation week, I have 3 deals later this week on LBI a well known vacation area.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 8/27/12 9:33pm
Msg #432186

Ended up with 5 calls for tonight

after I had already started my evening appointments - five companies calling desperately looking for someone to close for them tonight. Sorry, I am already booked.

Reply by Doris_CO on 8/27/12 10:53pm
Msg #432191

Re: Ended up with 5 calls for tonight

Friday was busy with about 5 calls for the same time that I already had booked, but today was the worst. I had 13 calls for the same time this evening and I'm already booked for that time. By the time I left my 3:30 appointment I had 5 voice mails for closings for the same evening slot as the others. Amazing!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.