Notary Rotary
This morning after signing
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by ToniK on 8/7/12 12:31pm
Msg #429641

I was driving back home when I felt this sharp pain on my shoulder blade which made me swerve my car and almost hit another car. Then my shoulder started to throb and burn. I ended up taking off my shirt, hopping out the car (with no shirt on, on Rt. 7) and found a bee stuck between some papers on my door handle. UGH!!!! I havent been stung since 9 yrs old. I am gravely afraid of bees (not allergic) but I tend to not swat them if they come near but just run in the opposite direction.

Well that was the most interesting thing that has happened to me this week.

Reply by anotaryinva on 8/7/12 12:50pm
Msg #429642

Oh no! I'm sure no one noticed on RT 7, such a quiet country road. I got stung a couple of weeks ago,
so here is some advise....take a allergy pill right now. Put ice on it. Don't scratch or rub it (supposedly that spreads the venom. I'm not allergic either but I was stung just below by shoulder and my entire arm swelled up all the way down to my wrist. I couldn't even bend my elbow - it felt like a water balloon was implanted. I didn't start the allergy medicine for three days, or the ice and was constantly rubbing it before I read up what to do. It took over a week for my arm to get back to normal (at least it's not eom!) Good luck

Reply by Calnotary on 8/7/12 1:34pm
Msg #429654

It happened to me too a week ago. I felt something like a big piece of grass. I was doing a signing and the borrower looked like his grass has not been mowed in weeks and it was kind of tall.

So as I was driving and I felt this grass in my left foot between the sock and the shoe and then reach with my hand to take the grass away and to stop bothering me, well it wasn't a tall grass I got the bee in my left hand and I immediately tried to get rid of it and it stang me in my "middle finger" Still hurts after a week.

Reply by Buddy Young on 8/7/12 6:25pm
Msg #429703

hoping out of the car with no shirt on, did that stop traffic?

Reply by Blueink_TN on 8/7/12 7:35pm
Msg #429714

Keep meat tenderizer handy

I had read somewhere that meat tenderizer (unseasoned) takes the swelling and the sting out of bee stings. Last week I was stung on my finger so I made a paste from meat tenderizer and water and instantly the pain went away and no swelling! I googled it and this is what it said: "The logic of using meat tenderizer is that bee stings are acidic and the tenderizer is alkaline, therefore it counteracts the acidity of the sting."

Reply by jba/fl on 8/7/12 7:51pm
Msg #429718

Re: Keep meat tenderizer handy

" bee stings are acidic and the tenderizer is alkaline"

Soap is alkaline also. Cleanliness is next to godliness.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.