Notary Rotary
Title Source: I am new with them. Just accepted first
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by Patti Corcoran on 8/24/12 12:22pm
Msg #431851

assignment, scheduler says "remember to call within 90 minutes". I assume she meant the borrowers. I said that I was just beginning to prepare dinner for my family and she said "no problem, I'll do it for you". Later that evening I telephone the BO's and send TS an email that the assignment has been reconfirmed.
Next I get an email saying that the signing was X'ld with me and rescheduled with another notary! Why? Because I did not call within 90 minutes! I reread the confirmation and it states that the notary must call their hot-line within 90 minutes (not the borrower). To those of you who have given this company such a high rating, how do you handle this? What happens if you are doing back-to-back signings, you are at the signing table and the borrower is taking forever reading every line?
They (TS) require an in depth appplication form with references etc. And from the comments in SC, I assumed that they were very professional. So, I trusted that I too would be treated with professionalism. When I accept an assignment, that means exactly that: I accept the assignment! When someone tells me "no problem, I'll take care of it for you" I believe them. Much of this business is about trust: trust that we will do our jobs correctly and trust that we will be paid on time. I'm dissappointed. I'm not writing them off; I'm just dissapointed,

Reply by ME/NJ on 8/24/12 12:44pm
Msg #431852

Depending who calls you, if you are in the middle of a signing you can ask them to confirm it for you. It does not always work and you need to call within a hour to confirm. (one touch call button on phone and just do it)

Reply by GaryT/CA on 8/24/12 12:50pm
Msg #431853

scheduler says "remember to call within 90 minutes".

"I reread the confirmation and it states that the notary must call their hot-line within 90 minutes."
How about some cheese with that whine?

3 reminders (when you "read" the confirmation, were reminded on the phone, and the "re-read") and you still cannot follow directions?
"Much of this business is about trust: trust that we will do our jobs correctly ..." so I recommend you follow the provided directions if you want to be perceived as professional, thorough, and trustworthy in this industry.

Reply by JPH13/MO on 8/24/12 1:09pm
Msg #431854

Re: scheduler says "remember to call within 90 minutes".

Easy to do. If at a signing just ask them for the loan number and the number to call to confirm. You call the number, punch in the loan number and then press 1 to confirm. You should be able to do that within 90 minutes even if they called during a signing, as a signing should not take 90 minutes. After that if it says to call borrower ASAP also do that, for their Quicken loans you are to wait until 24 hours before scheduled time.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 8/24/12 1:56pm
Msg #431860

I do the same - I ask them for the loan number. I have the TS confirmation phone number stored in my phone. I call it and confirm. One time I wrote the loan number down wrong and I had to have my son check my email and read the number to me.

Reply by Clem/CA on 8/25/12 12:46am
Msg #431944

no 2 on my speed dial

Reply by Gina/VA on 8/24/12 1:58pm
Msg #431861

With any closing assignment accepted, following both the written and verbally provided instructions are very important for the success of this business. Title Source is adding a bonus by informing agents during the initial call to be sure to call the hotline and confirm as many companies tell us nothing so we must make sure to read the instructions carefully.

Reply by bfnotary on 8/24/12 6:27pm
Msg #431896

I have their conformation line saved in my phone, takes 2 seconds. I do it no matter where I am, If it is coming close to deadline I just do it.

Reply by Rose/TX on 8/24/12 1:43pm
Msg #431857

Hello Pattie, don't write them off too quickly. I have worked with them and they are very friendly and pay well.

When I first started working for them I forgot to make my confirmation call within the allotted time and I received a call from one of their schedulers to remind me. I apologized and asked what I could do to make sure I was not 'penalized' for not confirming. She also said she would do it for me this 'one time'. I called back (got a different scheduleer) and asked if had been documented that I was confirmed for that appointment and was told I was. From then on AS SOON as they call me I dial in the phone number and make sure I CONFIRM. You have to do the same thing when you complete the assignment, call within 90 minutes. So what I do so that I won't forget. As soon as I get in my car I have their number on speed dial and call it in and confirm the signing is complete.

So hang in there Pattie it will be well worth it!

Reply by NJDiva on 8/24/12 2:45pm
Msg #431866

Very nicely said Rose. n/m

Reply by Susan Lakso on 8/24/12 3:14pm
Msg #431870

TitleSource is one of my very best companies to work with. Don't give up so hastily ~ they are actually very easy to work for! Not so sure about the "QuickenLoans need to be confirmed within 24 hrs." comment, I never perceived that. TS has ALWAYS paid on-time but don't expect them to to leave a message for you to call back or to be able to call back a missed call, even immediately. If you don't answer as soon as the call comes in, you will miss out on the scheduled assignment.

Reply by dexter/nc on 8/24/12 7:12pm
Msg #431902

They have a lot of follow up which can drive you nuts at time. but these folks gives me tons of work, so I put up with their nit picking. They pay on time ! They will also call you to remind you of your appt. and call back to see if the signing was completed if you don't notified them of the closing in a timely. Are you getting assignments directly form them or is there a signing company involved. If so how much are they paying you. You can answer that question direcltlyto me , if you prefer.

Reply by Patti Corcoran on 8/24/12 8:22pm
Msg #431915

Re: to Gary

If you read my post carefully you will see that (1) it was my first time with that company, (2) the scheduler said to call within 90 minutes - did not mention who to call and (3) I called the borrowers as soon as I could - about 2 hours later, and sent an email to TS telling them that it was confirmed.
Now that I know that Imust must call THEM in 90 minutes, I will, no problem. You must be absolutely perfect, Gary, to have been so hard on me. Just remember, what goes around, comes around.
Thank you to everyone else who explained their way of confirming immediately and supporting my decision to (hopefully) give them another try.

Reply by ItsSewWild on 8/24/12 8:40pm
Msg #431920

Re: to Gary

I always log into their website and confirm online from my tablet. I like the fact that they have links to add the appointment to my Outlook calendar. I also go to their website to do the close-outs.

Reply by GaryT/CA on 8/24/12 10:37pm
Msg #431930

Dear Patti

If you claim to be a 24 hour notary and receive an assignment during dinner time or any other "busy time" and don't follow directions, blaming the scheduler / hiring party as you have for your failure is on you. Blaming them, or me for that matter, then publicly admitting you failed to follow (or clarify) directions with which you are unfamiliar or unclear is not professional and certainly doesn't make a good impression on an employer, in my humble opinion.
Aiming your excuses and vitriol in my direction, dear Patti, does nothing to burnish your reputation for professionalism in this very public forum and small community.
I'm certainly not perfect, but one of the first lessons I ever learned in business school was to "own your mistakes" and learn from them. Let's consider this a lesson learned.
Last, I'm impressed by your magnanimity deciding to give THEM another chance -- it speaks to a hubris of epic proportions.
All the best.

Reply by NJDiva on 8/24/12 11:52pm
Msg #431939

Wow! Now now! Lets not get quite so condescending Gary,

geesh. It sounds like you really can't stand Patti's guts...lol

I'm not quite sure why it sounds so venomous or what exactly would have incited such a malevolent response, but your inflection is really coming off a bit harsher than maybe this situation would have incurred?

You're entitled to say whatever you want, but really? That just may have been a bit over the top...just sayin...

It was hard on the eyes and certainly does not garner any merit to whatever your point is. You've managed to turn her into a victim not a whiner, at least from my point of view!

I would rather read whining than brow-beating, sarcastic abuse! But hey, we all lose it every once in a while. I've no doubt you could easily come up with one of my posts that was rude, arrogant and totally unprofessional. I think most of us have our days. I hate having to eat crow, but it happens to the best of us....tee hee

I'm not suggesting you are any of the above, I was merely speaking from a personal perspective.

Reply by jba/fl on 8/25/12 6:29pm
Msg #432014

I sure didn't see Gary that way.... n/m

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 8/25/12 7:54pm
Msg #432029

Re: Wow! Now now! Lets not get quite so condescending Gary,

I agree. "Venomous" was the word I would have used.

TRUST is about letting one's "yes, mean 'yes'" - so if I verbally commit to something, I expect the SS to trust that I will perform as said; and I SHOULD TRUST that they would not arbitrarily re-assign.

P.S. Could some of us just have been having a real BAD day ??

Reply by HisHughness on 8/25/12 2:48am
Msg #431955

***When I accept an assignment, that means exactly that: I accept the assignment!***

No, it does not, at least with Title Source. Their procedues are well-established, and are set forth quite plainly in the initial assignment. You have not accepted a Title Source assignment till you log into to their status line and accept it.

I don't know about the scheduler telling you he would take care of the confirmation. I've never had one do that.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/25/12 8:39am
Msg #431964

OP said

" scheduler says "remember to call within 90 minutes". I assume she meant the borrowers. I said that I was just beginning to prepare dinner for my family and she said "no problem, I'll do it for you"."

*I* would have relied on this too. I do not understand, nor do I agree with, Gary's incredibly condescending response to this OP.

I've done one TS closing in the past (before I took my full-time job 9-5 job) - I did NOT have to call THEM to confirm. I'm glad to read they require this because now I know for the future (since I'm restarting my business) However, that being said, if the scheduler tells me they're going to take care of it, then I expect it's taken care of.

JMO

Reply by GaryT/CA on 8/25/12 12:22pm
Msg #431985

Re: OP said

I apologize if my post was condescending.

Reply by BrendaTx on 8/25/12 1:37pm
Msg #431989

Agree...it was over the top.

He's apologized...so, I will have to find someone new to be irate with today, darn it.

Reply by BrendaTx on 8/25/12 1:42pm
Msg #431990

Oh wait, irateness is back on...

...he said "IF my post was condescending."

Reply by jba/fl on 8/25/12 6:35pm
Msg #432015

We will have to agree to disagree. I did not find Gary

condescending at all. Perhaps it is because I might have written the same way, and I know that I would not have felt that I was any better than the OP. But, I do see where the written word leaves something to be desired sometimes. It appears too factual for some who are looking to be favored with hugs and kisses, etc., soothing comforts such as mom would have given. The business world just does not always operate that manner. If one holds oneself out as being professional and on top of their game or whatever game one is in, the one should endeavor to keep on top by only being professional in their dealings.

Two minutes to make a call? Sometime during 90 minutes? Not too much to ask IMHO.

Reply by BrendaTx on 8/26/12 12:43pm
Msg #432072

We disagree, then. n/m

Reply by RickG/CA on 8/25/12 9:56am
Msg #431970

"no problem, I'll take care of it for you"

I too would have taken this to mean the confirmation has been done. I'm sorry for your minor disappointment and confusion on this first assignment (non-assignment).

I may be in the minority, however I will probably not seek to work with TS because of all the little things required to complete an assignment. I understand the Golden Rule, I just choose not to participate. TS does not a have a local presence, so the anticipated workload does not justify playing by their rules - for me.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 8/25/12 8:06pm
Msg #432037

"I'm Sorry for your minor disappointment and confusion"

How NICE. Now, that was the "Hug" all of us needed after reading this thread. And Rick's right: TS is not the only "game in town;" ICs have the right to control some aspects of how they prefer to work. I don't think it means were unprofessional, just why we became ICs in the 1st place!!!

(and I'm not looking for "hugs" at all, 'cause if I were, this would SO NOT be the place to come)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.