Notary Rotary
Title source ranking
Notary Discussion History

Title source ranking
Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by Juan Chioye on 8/22/12 12:42pm
Msg #431442

Title source ranking

Where and how do you find what your ranking is with this company? I tried calling the notary team and they told me everything is ok. I signed up with this company about 2 months ago, and I started getting about 10-15 closings a week with them. Everything was going great. I am used to having at least 7 to 10 closings still due at any given point in time, and my phone to be ringing of the hook from them. But after tomorrow I got nothing. I called the notary team, but who ever I spoke with did not really give me a concise answer as to where I was ranked. Made no mention of the gold, silver, elite etc, and gave no answer except everything is fine as to ranking. Silver maybe ok for them, but this would be unacceptable for me. This scares me because I just made time for this company and other signing services went full time after 2 years of doing this, and upgraded my printing equipment to accommodate this great company. Normally I would have at least 3 closings on Friday and 2 or 3 setup for next week by now. As far as I have known I have been keeping up with the call confirmations, my docs are always solid but this is disconcerting, especially since its the end of the month.

Reply by janCA on 8/22/12 12:50pm
Msg #431445

My advice to you, don't put all your eggs in one basket, especially, with Title Source. There will always be someone to undercut you. When I started with them, it was the same, I was getting 4-5 a week, And I believe many people on this board have commented it was the same for them. Never rely on just one source for your income.

Also, they vend out to at least three SS's that I know of so whatever your fee is directly with TS will be cut to whatever the SS is willing to pay. Hard pill to swallow, but it is what it is.

Reply by Juan Chioye on 8/22/12 1:03pm
Msg #431453

They definitively are not the only title company I was doing work for but, they were a significant portion of the signings I was getting. I still wish to know my standing with them. I believe I have provided flawless or near flawless service, if that is not the case I will never know about it unless I get feedback. How much is your volume now compared to the past? From a small business point of view I can't just take it in stride when one of the bigger clients stops using my service, feedback is necessary so I can continue to improve my services provided. I just wish to get this feedback.

Reply by ToniK on 8/22/12 1:09pm
Msg #431456

Same happen to me. Was busy all of June and July with Titlesource then nothing for half a month.

When I spoke to them they told me that my fee was too high compared to what they pay signing services and other notaries. They claim that most notaries accept $55 in my area. I know JMT does Titlesource loans and they pay low in the $50-75 range. JMT told me I'm too expensive.

It's no biggie to me, I just market my services constantly. My goal is to sign up with 6 new companies a month. It's low but that's doable for me since I already have at least 60 companies I get steady business from.

Don't worry about Titlesource, just continue to market yourself daily.

Reply by Juan Chioye on 8/22/12 1:12pm
Msg #431458

Which department or who did you speak too? Was it the recruiter or the scheduling team? Could you pm me which number you used?

Reply by ToniK on 8/22/12 1:15pm
Msg #431461

I has initially called the scheduling team on another issue and then asked them about the rankings. They transferred me to the vendor mgmt team. I don't remember who I spoke with cuz it was a month or so ago. It was a guy, I want to say Andrew but not sure. The number is from the confirmation page I had.

Reply by Juan Chioye on 8/22/12 1:26pm
Msg #431463

That sounds right,

That is who recruited me, thank you so so so much for this info.

Reply by ME/NJ on 8/22/12 12:57pm
Msg #431448

Don't put all eggs in one basket. n/m

Reply by Juan Chioye on 8/22/12 1:08pm
Msg #431455

Re: Don't put all eggs in one basket.

Right, and I don't but I also wish to retain as many clients as possible, all businesses rely on repeat customers, and the good ones attempt to get honest feedback, this is all I am asking where did they get feedback from?

Reply by CopperheadVA on 8/22/12 1:33pm
Msg #431464

Their calls have dropped off for me too - and when they HAVE called recently, every single time I have already been booked for the time slot they want. That perhaps makes my ranking go down in their system when I decline assignments? I liked working with them and they were sending me a quite a bit of work just a couple of months ago.

Reply by John E. Rogers on 8/22/12 3:40pm
Msg #431493

As many of you have already stated...Title Source has been great company to work with, lots of assignments, no quibbling over fees, docs almost always on time...until...end of July, early Aug...suddenly, nothing. Word was my fees were higher than most...really? For over a year my fees have been the same, now they are too high? Not sure what is going on with Title Source...hope they are just restructuring. When they have lenders such as Quicken Loans, all seems fine; they have fairly recently taken on Chase and other lenders so the quibbling has begun. I continue to communicate with them but have had only one assignment in August, so far. The nature of our business can indeed be frustrating.
jer/OH

Reply by CopperheadVA on 8/22/12 5:13pm
Msg #431508

They are already my lowest paying client and I will only do Quicken for them. I have already limited them to my local area, so I cannot imagine going any lower on fees for them.

Reply by indaberry/LA on 8/22/12 4:00pm
Msg #431494

I am wondering the same thing about Title Source. They were filling my calendar and then suddenly nothing. Now I get calls from JMT and Field Choice for their signings. Depressing to say the least. I was thinking they may have restructured their schedulers and the new schedulers for my area simply call SS instead of the notary directly.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.