Notary Rotary
Toner suppliers - any great new finds?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by JanetK_CA on 8/10/12 5:06pm
Msg #430059

I'm up in the air again about suppliers for toner cartridges (for an HP 2430dtn). I used to buy from LD Products, but had some issues. Then I switched to Monoprice.com, for almost half the price, but had issues there, too. A big difference is that Monoprice doesn't pay for shipping back if you have a defective cartridge. The shipping is about the same cost as a new cartridge, so it's not worth it. I'm better off just getting the $2 credit at Staples, or wherever, to recycle it. (Also, the last one I bought cost nearly the same as LD Products because they didn't have cheaper ones in stock, whatever that means...)

Does anyone have any new information on any of these guys or any new favorite supplier who provides quick, quality service? It seems to me that both companies I've been buying from recently are selling cartridges from the same exact source, so the service, price, etc. become the big issues. Also, I prefer to buy from suppliers that are somewhat local because of the quick turnaround, but I'm open to all possibilities. Thanks.

Reply by NotaryGirl71 on 8/10/12 5:22pm
Msg #430061

TonerRefillKits.com

Been using them for years...hands down the BEST!!!

if there are ANY problems they take care of it right away.

Great prices...super friendly

Reply by Joseph Miller on 8/11/12 11:08am
Msg #430112

inkjetsuperstore.com or clickink.com

these 2 sites have low prices

Joe/nc

Reply by CopperheadVA on 8/10/12 7:37pm
Msg #430066

Janet, as you know we have the same printer. I think that Monoprice stopped selling the cheaper ones because they got complaints about them. I complained about them because they got only 6500 pages per cartridge. I went through about 5 of them and they all yielded 6500 pages instead of the 8500 - 9000 I normally get from all other cartridges I've tried. After that I didn't know where to order from so I ordered one LD cartridge from Amazon for $51.99 with free shipping. That one just ran out of toner and I got 11,500 pages from it at 300 dpi!

Someone had posted recently about GraphicToners.com and they sell our HP Q6511X cartridge for $34.95 and I bought 3 to qualify for free shipping. The printer recognized it as a genuine HP cartridge, but as I just installed it yesterday it's too soon to tell how many pages it will yield.

Reply by MonicaFL on 8/10/12 8:37pm
Msg #430073

I have also just started to use graphictoners. Just ordered a Drum for my HP and a toner cartridge - had to pay shipping though but okay because the total for the two was (w/o shipping) $49.90. We shall see.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 8/10/12 8:47pm
Msg #430074

I was getting the same output as you, plus the chip with the Monoprice cartridges didn't give a toner low message, so I was always wasting paper (and TIME) at the end of a cartridge. I'll check into GraphicToners.com but might end up going back to LD. At least I knew I could count on their customer service.

[Oops... More expensive Monoprice cartridge just gave me the toner low signal. What do you know... But it's only printed 6030 pages. Frown Grrrrr!]

Reply by Lee/AR on 8/10/12 8:03pm
Msg #430070

Not same printer, but I got scared off the LD's, went to Monoprice---never again! 2 out of 3 quit within a couple hundred pages and getting them returned was a nightmare. Then read LD was 'getting better', so went back. Am on 3rd cartridge now from LD with no problems.

Reply by Arnold Mclellan on 8/10/12 8:49pm
Msg #430075

try sun data supply their number 1 800 388 8218
switched from ld to them seem good products great delivery times prices good .

Reply by Gavina Franklin on 8/11/12 11:53am
Msg #430118

did you check ebay?

I buy my cartridges from ebay

Reply by Art_PA on 8/11/12 12:19pm
Msg #430121

www.inktechnologies.com. Free shipping if you order a certain amount. They are worth a try & ship fast.

When using compatible or remanufactured toners you should buy 3 at a time, just in case 1 is defective. In my experience the cost is still the same or less than HP or other manufacturers brands.

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 8/11/12 12:31pm
Msg #430123

Janet, I last ordered with Abacus Private, and was very pleased with their prices and quality. Have had no issues with the cartridges I bought, which is more than I can say for some other ones I have tried. I will be ordering from them again
http://www.private.abacus24-7.com

Reply by sanjqnvly on 8/11/12 4:50pm
Msg #430141

Thnx for the info, just ordered toner from their site and could not believe the price!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.