Notary Rotary
Unknown numbers
Notary Discussion History

Unknown numbers
Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by ToniK on 8/22/12 6:02pm
Msg #431516

Unknown numbers

It used to be Global Notary that called from an Unknown number.

I just got a call from an unknown number and it was Mortgage Connect.

Reply by Gina/VA on 8/22/12 6:55pm
Msg #431522

I'm beginning to wonder if there is a problem with phone lines today because I received two separate calls at two separate times from two different companies, both my regulars and who's numbers normally display on my phone. Instead, they both showed up as unknown which I almost did not answer.

Reply by ToniK on 8/22/12 7:07pm
Msg #431524

Hmmm maybe cuz of the storm we had in Va? At first I thought it was Global Notary and was going to ignore it but for some strange reason I picked up. Was shocked to hear Mortgage Connect on other end. But it was just for this one person calling me cuz all other calls I received from them today came in as Mortgage Connect.

Reply by Calnotary on 8/22/12 7:41pm
Msg #431529

Some good companies still block their numbers. If you don't answer they call the next notary in their lists. If you notice you have a missed called 5 or 10 minutes later, they don't want calls to ask
if the order still available.

Reply by ToniK on 8/22/12 9:58pm
Msg #431587

That maybe true but the only unknown number I was getting was always Global notary. I answer the unknown caller id ones...now blocked numbers I dont answer. Either leave a message or it wasnt important.

What I hate is when a company calls me and leaves a vm with a message of call me back. Then when I call like 5 mins later, its already assigned. Dont leave me a message telling me to call you back if you are just going to work on your notary list.

Reply by Jered Morgan on 8/22/12 10:40pm
Msg #431598

disregard previous message won't do unknown only blocked n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 8/22/12 8:27pm
Msg #431547

I think many of these cos. have schedules working from

home or using cell phones. For obvious reasons, those #s are blocked. Makes it tough to think about blocking calls or using a "do not call" list. I always answer & say "sorry, I'm booked" response. I also have to say, "sorry, I'm booked" to great cos., and I'm always concerned they think it's a brush-off. ;-) LOL

Reply by Jered Morgan on 8/22/12 10:39pm
Msg #431597

www.TrapCall.com --- I do tech support for these people as well, some unknown calls can't be unmasked (i.e. truly unknown calls such as internet based phones, calling card calls, international calls, skype etc), but if it's just a blocked/private call from a landline/cellphone it'll ring back with the number.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.