Notary Rotary
WOW. Just received a o/n pkg for a split signing
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by SReis on 8/30/12 11:12am
Msg #432502

Husband has already signed, I am to get wife's sigs only. Look through the pkg & notice not one of husband's sigs have been notarized on any of the forms. Wow!!!

Reply by pleasantonCA on 8/30/12 11:16am
Msg #432504

I would call the hiring entity as an FYI. They may want you to send the package back to the husband.

Reply by SReis on 8/30/12 11:30am
Msg #432506

Just spoke w/title. Apparently he had signed at title co. w/escrow officer & he just didnt fill out the notarizations yet. Weird but I will just deal w/my notarizations.

Reply by MW/VA on 8/30/12 11:34am
Msg #432507

OMG. I am so weirded out by all the strange things going

on this EOM. That one is unbelievable! They're going to complete the notarization AFTER they get it back. LOL I would be careful to make sure you complete your not. certs. clearly stating you notarized wife's sig. only.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 8/30/12 12:18pm
Msg #432519

This is no problem.

Although it was probably a shock to see his sigs unnotarized. In any case, there is no law that loan docs (or any doc) must be notarized the instant they're signed (at least in CA). Title can take care of this whenever they want (and usually do)... although they're certainly dragging this one out. But like MW/VA said, be sure to keep your notarizations clearly separate (which you undoubtedly would do anyway).

Reply by MonicaFL on 8/31/12 6:58am
Msg #432621

Re: This is no problem.

If he signed documents that were supposed to be notarized, how can title or anyone else "take care of it" when as a notary (and I would hope the laws are the same in CA) we are supposed to ID the person signing the paperwork and state as such when we notarize a document. How can Title legally "take care of it" if he isn't around to sign a document that is supposed to be notarized? I don't understand.

Reply by SharonMN on 8/31/12 10:18am
Msg #432632

Re: This is no problem.

If I understand the OP correctly, hubby signed in front of the title officer/notary #1, who then immediately sent the package out to the wife/notary#2. Notary #1 intends to complete the certificates when they get the package back, based on the fact that they ID'ed the hubby, witnessed the signing, and gave the appropriate oaths at the time the hubby signed. Although it's bad form, I can see this being OK.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.