Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Watch out NotRot...new competition (FindNotary.com)
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by jojo_MN on 8/23/12 10:45pm
Msg #431766

What a joke. Did a 25 mile search around zip code 54601 (La Crosse, WI across the river from me). These are the results:

1. I have a signing service (Woodland Signing Service) I didn't know about.
2. Mary Jones is in Idaho
3. Easy Online Notarization is in Alexandria, VA
4. Kevin Litwicki has an 414 area code, but suppose could be a cell phone
5. Escrow Profesional (my miss-spell is on purpose) is in IO (wherever that may be)
6. UPS store (only actual one)

Reply by docs1954CA on 8/23/12 10:50pm
Msg #431769

Take a peek at their website...

They claim "Web Cam Notarization's are legal" You can connect with a live agent now....

Here we go again....

Reply by jojo_MN on 8/23/12 11:03pm
Msg #431770

Re: Take a peek at their website...

No kidding. I suggest everyone does a search within their area and find out how much misinformation is listed about you. I will be contacting them to have myself removed!

Someone in my WI network brought this information to my attention.

Reply by docs1954CA on 8/23/12 11:09pm
Msg #431771

I searched my local area and found several Notaries listed as "Webcam Notaries"...I know this has been discussed to death before...But here in California, it is illegal, yet here they are, listed and ready to go..

Reply by A S Johnson on 8/24/12 8:59am
Msg #431816

very good, No information of any Notary near me.
Maybe out Sec of State has been proactive and made them aware she will have them brought to the State of Texas to "face the music". Video notarization is NOT premitted. Face to face is necessary.

Reply by jba/fl on 8/24/12 9:12am
Msg #431818

Orlando area is well represented - not ones I share with, but plenty I'm not familiar with. Of course, here it is: have street corner, find a notary. Well, almost. XYZ very active here.

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 8/23/12 11:35pm
Msg #431774

I'm listed, pulled from Google, but before you get to local

notaries you get their pop up for online notarization and offer of $10 referral.

IMO, since they make it hard to acutally get to local notaries, I think they are adding notaries to draw searches to their site in hopes of getting the online business.

sleazy

Reply by jojo_MN on 8/23/12 11:57pm
Msg #431780

Not only sleezy...outright lies. Love, love, love NotRot!

Other notaries in my network also had totally wrong information about them on their "listing". Plus, wrong information about others in the area such as the ones listed.

Reply by jba/fl on 8/24/12 6:07am
Msg #431790

Perhaps NNA is the one to forward this site to.

I input "findanotary.com and got to their site. They just make take this as an infringement on their copyrighted domains. When you hit someones profit stream, they may rise to the occasion.

Just a thought.

Reply by jojo_MN on 8/24/12 1:43pm
Msg #431858

Actually, it is FindNotary.com. This is the information I got on you:

A & A Notary Services
1.02 miles away
Name: Julianne Akyol
[e-mail address]
10411 Olcot St Orlando, FL 32817
407-276-0875
View Map
Read More »

Reply by jojo_MN on 8/24/12 1:44pm
Msg #431859

Sorry, that was meant to be a pm... n/m

Reply by jba/fl on 8/24/12 4:04pm
Msg #431882

That's ok - I'm all over the web anyway. n/m

Reply by jba/fl on 8/24/12 4:02pm
Msg #431881

That is not entirely correct - I don't know who A & A Notary Services is - but not me. I guess I will have to edit if I can.

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 8/24/12 6:10am
Msg #431791

They use former notaries to enlarge their "database"

The ad for internet notarization on the home page as well as on every single page of search results is more than enough for me to consider that site is not trustworthy.

Then there is this; I found that for my area, they have the names and contact information of people whose commissions have expired (for years in some cases) and are therefore not currently a legal Notary Public. With that kind of quality control, some of the people they listed may not even be alive today.

Deceptive to say the least and, imo, a waste of time and web space.

Reply by LisaWI on 8/24/12 7:39am
Msg #431796

Re: They use former notaries to enlarge their "database"

Yes, they are using SEO techniques to pad their content so that when someone does a search for a notary, their website will come up first.....They are trying to get the 'hits' so they can sell their online notarizations......

The other factor was, they had my address on there, I dont list my address for the most part as I dont want people coming to my house unannounced......they didnt have my permission what-so-ever to list me in their database and I will NOT be a part of their illegal Webcam Notarizations......

Dirty pool I tell ya, thats what this is.....

Reply by MW/VA on 8/24/12 7:41am
Msg #431797

Interesting...got a pop-up for NotaryNow....hmmmmm

I never heard of any of the notaries listed for my area.
Internet is free market & almost anyone can put up a website. I consider this another one of those "junk" sites.

Reply by jba/fl on 8/24/12 7:48am
Msg #431799

The whole site appears to be N.Now affiliated. n/m

Reply by A S Johnson on 8/24/12 10:00am
Msg #431824

I have reported this website to the Texas Sec of State office, Notary division.
I've also called several notaries I know to let them know about this.
I've also called and left message on thier answering machine to remoce me from thier website( I dug deeper in the site and did find my name )

Reply by Sylvia Gee on 8/24/12 9:03pm
Msg #431923

how do i check myself out on the website to see if they have correct info?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.