Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Well today will start a good test for me...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by bfnotary on 8/20/12 5:46am
Msg #431093

Since I have been been a NSA, my husband has been laid off of his job. Last year I became a notary, And very shortly after my husband got laid off of his job of 14 years. About a month after he became laid off, I did my first signing. Long story short. He starts a new job today. he has been a stay at home dad, while I worked... Now I have to handle the kids, work, and the house. But one thing that is nice, we have a sitter who will come to the house most times. I guess I just have a question for those of you that have kids. How easy is it to do very last minute signings, and get the sitters to come in at a spur of the moment? I think I will be just fine, it is just going to be so different. Since I started, I had the same routine. Lol. Well that is all going to change. Any input or advise from other parents would be wonderful. TIA.

Reply by cawest/PA on 8/20/12 11:11am
Msg #431109

Congrats on your hubby going back to workSmile
When it comes to *on the spur of the moment* sitters, try to locate a more mature lady in your area (like the nice granny type or unemployed lady) that could use a few extra dollars to make the end of the month easier and explain that your job is sometimes on very short notice. I had a lady from my husband's church living 3 blocks from us that was really good.

Reply by bfnotary on 8/20/12 12:39pm
Msg #431145

Not a bad idea, my only problem is, I have to have a sitter that is able to drive and pick up my 4 yr old from pre school 3 times a week, (if I have jobs around drop off or pickup time). I do have a sitter. I am just praying it works out. So far so good tho Smile I just got so used to the routine that I had. Now I am trying to develop a whole new routine. LOL.

Reply by Cori/CA on 8/20/12 1:44pm
Msg #431164

I have a couple of sitters that I use. They know that sometimes I get last minute calls. However, the problem I've run into in hiring a sitter is late docs, cancelled signings, and rescheduled appointments. I typically don't cancel the babysitter in this situation. I figure if I cancelled her often enough, she's not going to want to work for me anymore. If I'm lucky, I'll get a call for another signing at the same exact time. If not, then I will run errands. So basically I'm losing money in this scenario.

I am very selective in which companies I'll accept a signing from when I need to hire a sitter. But even with the good companies, issues still arise.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.