Notary Rotary
What a bummer
Notary Discussion History

What a bummer
Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by Buddy Young on 8/17/12 8:17pm
Msg #430882

What a bummer

My ATT DSL modem went out, second time in 5 years. I had to order another one. Of course they are guaranteed for 1 year. I would have said warranty but I don't know how to spell it.

I lost a lot of business because I did not have internet access. I was out of the loop for 3 days, I had them ship overnight but it took an extra day.

Anyone elce have their DSL modem go out?

Reply by Jessica Ward on 8/17/12 8:45pm
Msg #430887

Buddy, do you have a smartphone?

I can create a hotspot with my phone. My cable company did "improvements" which caused a 16 hour outage for my internet last month. I created a mobile hotspot with my mobile phone and connected to that, and conducted business as usual (I have an unlimited data plan with Verizon and an iPhone).

Reply by Buddy Young on 8/17/12 10:17pm
Msg #430894

Re: Buddy, do you have a smartphone?

No I don't, I still have my flipphone. I am going to upgrade this year sometime.

Reply by Karla/OR on 8/17/12 9:06pm
Msg #430890

Very annoying isn't it? Our DSL CenturyLink modem went out a couple weeks ago after having had it for 6 years - guess you can say we got our moneys worth. I went to Best Buy to replace it, not exactly the same modem as it did not have the same amount of plug-ins on the backside. Had to get a splitter to make it all come together. I have my own reasoning that all things, cars, appliances, computers, modems should last forever, like the old days. Everything is just throw away now. I'll step down off the box now.

Reply by OR on 8/17/12 9:39pm
Msg #430892

Re: Hot spot or teather a smart phone

I theather my phone and use it as a modem. Just use the charging cable and the desktop softwear. I then turn on the modem in the softwear and off I go. I have never paid to teather it just works. good luck.

Reply by OR on 8/17/12 9:46pm
Msg #430893

Re:teather should be spelled tether sorry n/m

Reply by Linda Juenger on 8/17/12 11:07pm
Msg #430896

Buddy, you can access your email on any computer. Just

haul your printer to a neighbors and there ya go. I've done it twice.

Reply by Buddy Young on 8/17/12 11:22pm
Msg #430897

Re: Thanks Linda n/m

Reply by Jack/AL on 8/18/12 12:52am
Msg #430901

I drove a whole 3 blocks and carried my lap-top into

MacDonalds. Although I could have connected from my car, I went inside to enjoy some coffee during the download, which also helped me avoid feeling like a total cheapskate.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 8/18/12 2:07pm
Msg #430951

I take my laptop and go to a place where there's wifi

Like McD's, Subway, library, etc. to download.
It's a PITA, but it's better than turning back work.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.