Notary Rotary
What a mess!
Notary Discussion History

What a mess!
Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by SharonMN on 8/31/12 10:05am
Msg #432630

What a mess!

http://thetimes-tribune.com/news/scranton-woman-suing-bank-lawyer-for-not-filing-proper-paperwork-after-home-sale-1.1364231

Reply by sueharke on 8/31/12 11:32am
Msg #432641

This is a great example of how the lack of financial education is in this country causes people to trust someone with a title. I see her being a unexpected millionaire from a lawsuit who cannot collect a court judgement because the entire system is messed up.

Reply by dutchcloser on 8/31/12 11:38am
Msg #432642

Re: Not a mess more like a NIGHTMARE!!!! n/m

Reply by EileenHI on 8/31/12 11:48am
Msg #432647

I had a friend in Missouri who had the exact same thing happen to him. After paying his mortgage for several years he went to refi and found out that he did not own the home, no papers filed, but the bank sent him monthly payment statements and told him that he had to continue paying or would lose the house. He ended up losing the house!!!! He had a very difficult time trying to find an attorney and just gave up. So sad....

Reply by MW/VA on 8/31/12 3:47pm
Msg #432667

I hope she prevails in this & is able to keep her house.

Buyers & borrowers often don't understand the process, and it's usually the seller that is setting everything up when it's the purchase of a new property. The last para. reminds people that it's a good idea to get an attorney to represent you in these matters.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.