Notary Rotary
You missed your stamp on one of the document
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by Calnotary on 8/2/12 12:44pm
Msg #429103

And you will need to go back to have it signed and notarized.

-Can you please send me a copy of the doc I missed?

Sure.

Well they sent me the doc and yes it was signed by the borrowers but not stamped by me.

I went back in to my docs that I saved till I get paid and guess what? That doc was never in the
original package.

I emailed the original document and I told them, that of course I missed that document because it was never in the original package. They agree to pay me to go back to get it signed.

This is the second time it happens to me in less than a month. Be careful out there I don't know
how can they have a document signed by the borrowers and then just blame the notary. KEEP A COPY OF THE DOC TILL YOU GET PAID!

Reply by JPH13/MO on 8/2/12 12:51pm
Msg #429105

Always keep docs until paid on secure flash drive

They lose docs, spill coffee on them and then claim they never got them, you name it. Be careful and keep them until you get paid! Flash drive kept in locked drawer is the option that covers all the security issues vs. just keeping copy on hard drive, but either way it is easy to do and comes in handy whenever they claim a doc was handled wrong or missing.

Reply by VT_Syrup on 8/2/12 6:50pm
Msg #429153

Re: Always keep docs until paid on secure flash drive

Other options:

Windows Encrypted File System, BUT you have to have Windows 7 Professional or above, that leaves out most of us.

One of the file zipping programs you can buy. The aftermarket ones include adding a password (the built-in Windows zipping doesn't do passwords).

Or you could use what I use, Kleopatra, but I don't recommend it if cryptography isn't your hobby. At least it's free:

http://www.kde.org/applications/utilities/kleopatra/

Reply by Pa_note_r_e on 8/2/12 2:00pm
Msg #429113

Yes, I agree. More than once this has been pulled on me too. Document is not in the original package but the signing companies or title companies claim that I missed the document and never signed and notarized the document. I go back to look at the document I supposedly missed and it's not in the original package. When told I forgot to sign and stamp a page, already that sounds odd because my documents are double and sometimes triple checked each time.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 8/2/12 2:36pm
Msg #429116

Yep, yep. Had one today.

Title emails me this morning with an All Purpose Acknowledgment attached. Message reads simply: "Could you please have the attached Acknowledgment notarized and overnight to me? Our Fedex # is ---------. Thanks in advance for your help, have a great day?" I emailed back requesting scan of document missed. After a few minutes of no response, I call. Seems that person is out to lunch. However, the person I'm speaking to can access the file. Well, appears the message from their client is "cryptic" and while we're talking, in walks the person I needed in the first place.

I explain to her I have no problem fixing something if I made a mistake. I do, however, need to have a copy of original doc to know what it is I missed. She looks it up and this is for a subordination agreement. She'll send it right out. What she sends me is a subordination agreement for another couple in Southern California (I'm in NorCal). Call her back. Not me ... I didn't do that one. Okay, she's new and will get someone more experienced to help and get back to me.

I always keep docs until payment clears. So, meanwhile, I'm going through the original docs. While there's mention in various places of a subordination, there was no paperwork for it in the original package.

Next, Title emails me a "Subordination Agreement" signed by creditor and notarized June 2012. Again, I call her back advise her there was no Subordination Agreement with original package, that there's mention of it but it's not included and the SA she just sent me was already signed and notarized by others way before my meeting with borrowers. Again, she apologizes and tells me she's new at this and will contact their client for clarification and can "we put this on hold for now." Of course.

That's been more than 2 hours ago. Title is on East Coast. This refi signing took place 7/25th. Recission period is now passed. Wonder when loan will close ........

Reply by CentralNY on 8/2/12 3:10pm
Msg #429122

Tell us who it is so we can beware n/m

Reply by FeliseSoCal on 8/2/12 5:02pm
Msg #429138

Great Post!

Beware. This has happened to me many times. I was told I missed something and asked to go back out.

It has always been something that was not in the original package.

I always ask them to send me a copy of what was missed to prove it was my mistake, and compare it to the original file. TC's are notorious for making notaries cover their you know whats! I also always save a copy of the file w/ all the tiltle co info until I get paid.

Never make a second trip for free unless they can prove it was your error.

Reply by notary4az2 on 8/2/12 5:44pm
Msg #429146

Re: Great Post!

What bothers me about the initial post is they said it was signed by the borrowers and she missed the seal. Who signed the document that was emailed over to her that made her believe she missed her seal?

Reply by Doris_CO on 8/2/12 10:09pm
Msg #429174

Re: Great Post!

notary4az2 - I had the same question. Something doesn't make sense.

Reply by MW/VA on 8/3/12 8:50pm
Msg #429293

Lousy tricks. I got one of those call today, too. Doc

requiring sig/notarization in the pkg., needed for funding, yadayadayada. I guarantee you it wasn't in the original pkg. Cheap trick to get the notary to do a return trip for free. grrrrrr

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.