Notary Rotary
adobe reader version 10
Notary Discussion History

adobe reader version 10
Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by nunu on 8/9/12 8:53am
Msg #429856

adobe reader version 10

can someone please help me determine how to print using a dual tray with this adobe 10 version? i installed the latest version for an Equifax closing and I cannot see how to print letter/legal using a dual tray. it is driving me crazy

Reply by NotaryAL/FL on 8/9/12 9:25am
Msg #429861

On the print screen, you should be able to pick under the "Page Handling" section "Choose Paper source by PDF page size". If your printer has dual tray already and you have already assigned the tray to they paper size, it should work.

Reply by nunu on 8/9/12 9:42am
Msg #429864

no, that is not a choice on the print screen as it is in version 9, now what?

Reply by VT_Syrup on 8/9/12 10:16am
Msg #429872

Do you have Windows? I have Windows 7 and Adobe Reader 10.1.3. On my print menu some of the options are:

Fit

Actual size

Shrink oversized pages

Choose paper source by PDF page size (THAT'S THE ONE YOU WANT.)

Print on both sides of paper

Reply by Leslie_Mo on 8/9/12 9:46am
Msg #429867

I had a lot of problems with Adobe 10. I think it was a title company that told me it was the Adobe 10 that was causing my printing problems. Anyway, after uninstalling Adobe 10 and re-installing Adobe 9.5, I haven't had any more problems.

Reply by nunu on 8/9/12 9:54am
Msg #429869

i thought about uninstalling 10 and reinstalling 9.5 however , Equifax has one lender that requires using 10 for some reason. I was just trying to figure out if there was any way at all to use page select on that version.

Reply by NotaryAL/FL on 8/9/12 11:12am
Msg #429881

are viewing the file online, did you saved it to your local hard drive? adobe reader 10 has that option if you select to print and you select the printer with dual tray.

does it show option for print by pdf size? or is grayed out?

Reply by nunu on 8/9/12 12:30pm
Msg #429895

thank you everyone, thought i was going crazy and i must have been because i overlooked the print pdf by paper size...i have looked at this for days and day and I couldn't see the forest for the trees. thanks again.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 8/9/12 11:24pm
Msg #429978

Glad you found it. You might also want to be sure that you have all the updates for Adobe Reader 10. I just finally made the move to a new laptop this past weekend and learned that the hard way. Everything seemed to be printing fine. It was selecting the right size paper, but some of the stuff at the bottom of the page was getting cut off. Fortunately I reviewed the docs in advance and ended up reprinting nearly all the legal size pages in two packages... grrrrr! But I showed up with correctly printed pages, thank goodness. Also, it seems like there are some differences in how the choices to "shrink" vs "fit" work, but that could have had to do with the docs themselves.

I also had a situation very late last night where docs downloaded were absolute gibberish. I remembered reading here about trying to save the documents instead of opening them and that worked. I "saved as PDF" to my external hard drive for security, then was successful in opening them and printing.

What a localized pain... Wink But I'm loving the new pc! Smile

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.