Notary Rotary
fee question
Notary Discussion History

fee question
Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by CIT/FL on 8/6/12 1:26pm
Msg #429507

fee question

I'm new to this site; what is the basic standard fees for traveling, E-docs, etc.? I don't want to charge too much but, I still don't want to do it for close to nothing either!

Reply by NJDiva on 8/6/12 1:34pm
Msg #429514

You are going to get a plethora of answers to this

but suffice it to say, you should do a search on the orange button. It's been discussed at length. We don't necessarily like to state a "standard fee", but I can tell you, I don't generally go below $XXX.

That's all I have to say.

Reply by CIT/FL on 8/6/12 1:37pm
Msg #429516

Re: You are going to get a plethora of answers to this

I need to do more research. I appreciate it.

Reply by Karla/OR on 8/6/12 2:50pm
Msg #429530

Welcome and best of luck. I started out with a notary commission and gained experience in general notary work.

I then became certified as a notary signing agent. I drilled myself over and over on the material provided. I still go back and review it occasionally.

For continuing education purposes, go to the orange search button under the Notary Talk tab above, as Cheryl has already indicated. I seek out an answer to my question there and if I'm not finding it, I pose a question here on Notary Talk. Since certification, I have stayed close to this site, Notary Rotary, and read it religiously. You can always get a question answered here, in fact, you may get many answers to you question. You can take and use what you like and adapt it to your own business plan.

Next, go to the Signing Central tab above and find the list of companies that have a good star rating - contact them for signing jobs.

Hope this helps.

Reply by MW/VA on 8/6/12 3:06pm
Msg #429537

If you're new to the forum, the best suggestion is

to do a search using the orange search button. Try searching "setting fees" for a start. The topic's been discussed many times. You will find that there are many variables--area, amt. of travel, etc.

Reply by Buddy Young on 8/6/12 4:53pm
Msg #429550

There is really no standard fee for services. different areas of the country will stand different fee structures.

You just have to feel your way through it. I have a standard fee and add $25 for edocs. You can charge anything you want for travel.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.