Notary Rotary
late documents
Notary Discussion History

late documents
Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by pat/WA on 8/24/12 5:55pm
Msg #431890

late documents

How long do you wait for delayed documents before you call the borrower to advise them that their documents have not been received?

Reply by Luckydog on 8/24/12 5:59pm
Msg #431893

Allow yourself the printing time, and the travel time, and if you are running into your red zone, you need to call them. Ex. If you are 10 minutes away, and 10 minutes to print, you need at least 25 minutes.

Reply by Lee/AR on 8/24/12 6:05pm
Msg #431894

Plus, this is an excellent way to insure that the docs

will come in while you're on the phone with the B and your call-waiting is beeping because someone is calling to tell you 'docs were sent'. Works 90% of the time.

Reply by pat/WA on 8/25/12 11:19am
Msg #431981

Re: Plus, this is an excellent way to insure that the docs

You are right. Docs came in yesterday just as I was calling the borrower to advise them that I did not have documents and signing might be delayed.

Reply by A S Johnson on 8/25/12 9:15am
Msg #431967

When I do NOT have documents 4 hours before the appointment, I call the ss or escrow to see if they are in the process of doing them and when I can expect them.
At 2 hours before another call to the ss or escrow. "I don't have documents. When?
If they aren't ready then a call to the borrower to see their fexabilty as it seems the doucments are running late and I will call them when I have them.
I think it is our job to keep the borrower aware of what is going on as far as getting to the appointment.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.