Notary Rotary
new closing co
Notary Discussion History

new closing co
Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by vivian cothran on 8/11/12 5:44pm
Msg #430146

new closing co

has anyone ever heard of the closer llc. they have sent me a package to enroll with them but i can't find any info on them and they want a lot of personal info.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 8/12/12 1:24am
Msg #430166

where are they located? any other info? n/m

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 8/12/12 5:08am
Msg #430171

They use the Cafe Registration system and network and are obviously brand new. Their website domain was only registered on July 9th. But other than a phone, fax and a buried email address ([e-mail address].), there's nothing there. They've even used private domain registration. I'm always seriously leery of signing services that leave off any indication of where they are located, who they are or minimal contact information, especially those that seem to purposefully try to avoid having it found.

However, LLC records are generally public record.... and with some of my wicked Google skills... I found this record out of North Carolina, also new, as of June. The "office" address given is in the same building (different floor?) of Boston National Title (BNT) Settlement Services ....among tons of other commercial financial type businesses.

Now.... a little more digging and I found a Pablo Iglesias in Charlotte.... and his LinkedIn Profile says he is the COO of NowClosings... which uses the same web template and agent registration system, and is based in Charlotte. So, I'm betting that's who is behind this new one:

http://www.secretary.state.nc.us/corporations/Corp.aspx?PitemId=10029720

Corporation Names

Name Name Type
Legal NC Corporate Name THE CLOSER, LLC LEGAL
Limited Liability Company Information

SOSID: 1266184
Effective Date: 6/25/2012
Annual Report Due Date: 4/15/2013
Citizenship: DOMESTIC
State of Inc.: NC
Duration: PERPETUAL
Annual Report Status: CURRENT
Registered Agent

Agent Name: CT CORPORATION SYSTEM
Office Address: 150 FAYETTEVILLE ST., BOX 1011
RALEIGH NC 27601

Mailing Address: 150 FAYETTEVILLE ST., BOX 1011
RALEIGH NC 27601
Principal Office

Office Address: 129 WEST TRADE STREET
6TH FLOOR
CHARLOTTE NC 28202

Mailing Address: 129 WEST TRADE STREET
6TH FLOOR
CHARLOTTE NC 28202

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 8/13/12 3:00pm
Msg #430321

You are a gem Marian. thanks for the detective work n/m

Reply by Barb25 on 8/12/12 7:49am
Msg #430173

I received an email from Pablo. He started his own company. He was previously with NOW Closings.

Reply by Barb25 on 8/12/12 7:52am
Msg #430174

Correction: I shoudn't have said Started - He said he is

WITH Closer LLC....

Reply by MW/VA on 8/12/12 5:27pm
Msg #430208

Very interesting info. n/m

Reply by Carolyn Breckenridge on 8/12/12 7:41pm
Msg #430217

Re: Very interesting info.

Is there anything else they would like us to do? I am not sure about this. I allow an hour for each closing, this will slow it down big time. IMO

Please DOWNLOAD "GENIUS SCAN" If you have an app. enabled phone. this allows you to scan the docs as the borrower sign's them. Then when the signing is complete you can just email the package as a pdf.

Reply by Roadie_MD on 8/13/12 10:38am
Msg #430263

they want a lot for a little.....

their signup package is cumbersome, they have a lot of demands and their fees are on the low side. I think I'm going to pass.

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 8/13/12 3:04pm
Msg #430322

$90 for edocs, if I register then I would get $95. n/m

Reply by Pablo Iglesias on 8/14/12 12:18pm
Msg #430421

Re: $90 for edocs, if I register then I would get $95.

Hi everyone. The $95 is the base fee...we add distance and misc. factors to each fee which in all honesty should amount to over $100 per signing. Also, the fees are negotiable depending on factors involved with any specific signing.

I have been a notary closer and have also managed a closing company. I understand what you go through on a daily basis. Boston National Title has hired me to bring all their closings in house. my goal is to not only make this job easier for you as a notary closer but to create the largest most respected signing service. I can promise you that.

The genius scan app is something that I used in my closings and I felt it was a decent tool to pass on to others. It just makes sense to have the fax backs finished before the closing is even completed, doesn't it? This also costs $0 out of your pocket.

I understand that the expectations are high but when you are awarded large contracts from the largest banks in the country a certain level of professionalism is required. i wish i didn't have to list expectations on dress code and behavior but unfortunately there are mobile notaries out there that like to ruin the quality signing agent image by showing up to closings...Drunk, in flip flops and bathing suits, hours late without a call, rude etc.

I am open to any feedback from anyone in the field to make this a better business for all of us. thanks for your time and I hope that we can do business in the future.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.