Notary Rotary
newbie question
Notary Discussion History

newbie question
Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by Sylvia Gee on 8/19/12 7:06pm
Msg #431071

newbie question

please explain the difference between fax backs and e-docs still new to business.
thank you for your help.

Reply by MW/VA on 8/19/12 7:13pm
Msg #431076

E-docs mean the file is sent to you electronically (like pdf) and you do the printing. This is a term that's more prevalent today than docs being overnighted to you. Printing is a big part of what we're required to do.
Fax-backs if for those cos. that want a portion (usually critical docs--HUD, Note, DOT, RTC, etc.)
faxed back to them prior to shipping the docs.
E-signings or e-notarization are completely different than e-docs.

Reply by MW/VA on 8/19/12 7:14pm
Msg #431077

I would suggest you get a good training manual, and

there's one available here on NR under the tab for "Notary Supplies".

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 8/19/12 8:09pm
Msg #431083

"E-signings or e-notarization are completely different than e-docs"

They are actually 3 entirely different things... and to make it even more complicated.... e-notarization should NOT be confused with remote or online notarization (which may or may not use an e-seal).

Edocs are simply documents that are sent to you for you to print and carry. These might be sent via email or may require download from a secure website.

Faxbacks, as Marilyn noted, are the documents that you are asked to return before shipping the package. These may be sent via traditional fax machine, or scanned and sent via an email to fax service, or via email, depending on the requirements. Personally, if I ever have to "fax" something, it just gets scanned with my high speed scanner and then sent to my email to fax service, which converts the PDF file to a traditional fax.... which may or may not actually be received by the other party as a fax or as an attachment in an email. It depends on how they receive faxes.

Confused yet? Smile

Reply by BrendaTx on 8/19/12 7:44pm
Msg #431079

Sylvia - read the forum

I learned almost everything about being a signing agent through this forum.

I would say that out of nearly half a million posts, I have read almost every post.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 8/19/12 7:59pm
Msg #431082

Same here...

Just about everything I know was either learned or backed up by reading and researching right here. If not that, then reading information produced by some of the members here on their own websites and such. I spent 3 years researching before I even became a Notary. That's a long story, but let me tell you, it helped tremendously.

You don't only need to learn about the industry, but you need to research basic business practices, too. If you lack the business skills, you'll be toast.

Reply by Michelle Hunt on 2/11/13 3:22pm
Msg #455250

Re: Same here...

In reading the Newbie Posts someone suggested contacting the 4 and 5 star signing companies and in my experience (which so far has been 2 months) as a new notary and no calls yet these companies want you to atleast have 50 signings first. then it is suggested to make your profile here and other places look outstanding which I guess I should leave out that I am new since I will not be getting any calls? Not sure how new nsa's are supposed to get experience......can someone clarify?

Reply by jba/fl on 2/11/13 8:37pm
Msg #455338

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.