Notary Rotary
printer issues HP2430tn help!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by Claudine Osborne on 8/24/12 7:56pm
Msg #431908

Im so darn frustrated and cant figure out this issue..The printer will print a few pages then start jamming..I have to pull out the cartridge remove the jam and replace cartridge and it prints about 6 pages then starts jamming again! It is jamming it seems when the printer has printed for a few mins..like when I print one set it seems to be getting warm then starts jamming!

How the heck do I explain this when Im trying to research the problem?? Does anyone have an answer to this that they would be willing to share? I have been doing my research and we cant seem to pinpoint the problem!! UGH..Thanks in advance!

Reply by CopperheadVA on 8/24/12 9:36pm
Msg #431925

I have this same printer and I did experience a problem at one point where the printer would print a few pages and then stop - I would open the printer, pull out the cartridge, see nothing was wrong or jammed, re-install the cartridge, close the printer, the printer would print a page or two and then stop again. The problem I had was the rollers were not picking the paper properly. My husband ordered new pick rollers and installed them - that solved the problem. Not sure if that is the same problem you are having.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 8/24/12 10:03pm
Msg #431927

This is a very long shot but try adjusting the paper trays (with the blue things that secure the paper), especially on the smaller tray. (That's where I have legal size paper.)

I had something sort of similar when I first bought mine (used), but not that frequently. Mine didn't jam, it just would freeze from time to time, with the screen saying it was processing (but it never finished). I had to turn it off, delete the pending print job, then turn it on again. I'm not exactly sure what I did, but I played with how the legal size paper fit into the tray and that problem hardly ever happens anymore. Wierd.

Best of luck!

Reply by GaryT/CA on 8/24/12 10:12pm
Msg #431929

Humidity

It could be the amount of moisture the paper retains due to fluctuating humidity in your region. The moisture content of the paper can trigger the sensor in the toner cartridge which may cause it to jam, if all else fails.

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 8/24/12 11:37pm
Msg #431937

I had a similar problem with my 53370 DW

It was printing 4-8 pages today and then stopped and said: "Paper problem".

I adjusted the blue control as Janet said and did everything I could think of and then found another packet of paper from another company to insert and the printer prints fine.

This is all I need "a temperamental printer" that doesn't like the paper I got from Office Max on special 2 weeks ago.

Oh well, I will humor it and go get a case of letter from Sam's club and feed the beast what it likes.

I know more about printers than I ever wanted to know in my life!! In fact I think I hate printers. I'm going to get a glass of wine and feel better.

Hope you got yours fixed?
Chheers

Reply by JanetK_CA on 8/25/12 12:25am
Msg #431940

Re: I had a similar problem with my 53370 DW

Joan, I had the same problem with paper from Office Max, i.e paper jams. I never buy paper from them anymore (just Costco) and I can't remember the last time I had a paper jam - and my printer has been smokin' lately. I just wish I could find as good a solution for toner suppliers! I just had another one go bad on me today. Fortunately the back-up (from the same supplier) seems good.

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 8/25/12 8:39am
Msg #431966

Thanks Janet. I won't be buying anymore paper from them either. The paper works fine with
my 8480 DN.

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 8/29/12 9:59pm
Msg #432450

Thank You everyone for the suggestions..So far nothing is helping..I have not tried the new rollers yet..I have to wonder how much life is left in this thing..I bought it used and it has been good..I replaced the toner 2 days ago and new the control panel is telling me to install a new one..Gee I know I have been busy..but not that busy..Thank goodness I have a back up printer..I hate printers!!

Now on my a nice glass of wine and put this printer to rest for tonight..Thanks again!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.