Notary Rotary
question
Notary Discussion History

question
Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by Sylvia Gee on 8/25/12 9:37pm
Msg #432042

question

I am trying to find out if i have to continue to contact all the companys over and over again
with my information? I have only been contacted for one signing so far.
Has everyone started in this business this slow?

Reply by Lee/AR on 8/25/12 9:50pm
Msg #432043

Sign up once. Don't bug 'em. And, yes, it takes a while to begin getting business. Be happy with the one. Some folks can wait 6 months for that to happen. It will come.

Reply by Sylvia Gee on 8/25/12 10:12pm
Msg #432044

thanks and i will continue to just contact them once

Reply by CJ on 8/25/12 10:21pm
Msg #432046

Monday is EOM

EOM as in "End of Month": Last day to sign and still fund in August with 3 days to cancel. For us notaries, that means a madhouse. All the signing services are going call their regulars, and we are all going to be booked solid. The back-ups are going to be booked solid too. Then the signing services are going to be desparate - a warm body with a notary stamp is better than NOBODY, so you might just get a call. Go through the list in Signing Central, and get your name in as many good companies as possible. Make sure you have ink and paper, and be ready to go!

Reply by Luckydog on 8/26/12 11:03am
Msg #432066

Re: Monday is EOM

It takes a good 6 months. I worked a regular job in the beginning. Try not to turn anything down, because if you do that too often, you will not be called.
The last 2 months have been very slow. I have been at this 8 years, and this month was even worse for me than in 2008. Not sure what is going on, but hang in there. Some areas I believe are worse and better than others. Good luck!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.