Notary Rotary
tiger direct
Notary Discussion History

tiger direct
Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by terrie/IN on 8/24/12 2:00pm
Msg #431862

tiger direct

I thought when you buy an item in the store and they have a wrong price they still have to honor the price they have by the item. Even though this was online it was their fault, we should still get it at the price that was listed and especially when we got a confirmation saying the order went through.

Just my opinion, it was good while it lasted lol

Reply by Gina/VA on 8/24/12 2:04pm
Msg #431863

Just about all companies have covered their bases by adding a disclaimer that they do not have to honor ads that are incorrectly printed. You can find these disclaimers on their website. Ultimately, they do not have to honor ads that are inaccurately priced, though as a sign of customer courtesy, a few stores may.

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 8/24/12 7:17pm
Msg #431903

A company cannot keep advertising the wrong price and expect

such a disclaimer to protect them after the "mistake" has been discovered.

If I'm reading some of the posts regarding this specific subject correctly, they may have kept the ad up long after (several hours or more after?) at least one person on NotRot called them and the "mistake" was "discovered". If it was truly a mistake, within a reasonable time period, the ad should have been corrected and a correction notice added to the ad.

Not only that, but the new price is double what the "normal" price was on that ad at the time of the sale and there is not any sort of correction notice being advertised to customers regarding the "mistaken" sale price. The "normal" price was "in line" with what that product averagely sells for and the new price is, imo, very inflated.

Reply by lindetteh_PA on 8/24/12 7:36pm
Msg #431905

Re: A company cannot keep advertising the wrong price and expect

When I spoke to buy.com customer service the rep. said it was an error. The wrong price was listed. I asked her if a 500 sheet ream of paper was $57.85 she didn't understand my question so I repeated it. The add clearly stated 82% off msrp so unless a ream of paper is 57 big ones I would like my order filled because that's false advert. She put me on hold and came back and said they would have to cancel my order. I them brought up the guarantee that someone posted here where you can file a claim and the rep. said to follow online directions to file claim. I think a good case can be made of why they should honor the ad.

jmo

Reply by MW/VA on 8/24/12 3:40pm
Msg #431871

See msg. 431542 for their disclaimer. n/m

Reply by Buddy Young on 8/24/12 10:46pm
Msg #431932

In my business (grocery store ) I would honor a wrong price, and many business will, but by law a business doesn't have to. I learned that in a business class many years ago, and it's amazing that I still remember that at my age.

Go ahead and file your claim, it won't get you anywhere.

Reply by Clem/CA on 8/25/12 12:39am
Msg #431942

My advice a grocery store clerk is to get out when you are young and good looking...........Disclaimer ( I worked for Vons, (Safeway) for 40 years as a produce manager before I became a SA. Hows the secret shopper thing going? lol

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.