Notary Rotary
verbiage for non payment
Notary Discussion History

verbiage for non payment
Go Back to August, 2012 Index

Posted by reba on 8/15/12 12:36pm
Msg #430524

verbiage for non payment

I now have an outstanding invoice (48days) for Precision Signing for a signing that was done on June 28th. I have emailed and mailed the invoice, noting that it was 30++ days and past due. I am gong to send a final notice and then reach out to the title company. I would like to start out with a letter in the mail, stating that I am the notary who worked this signing but have yet to be paid. I am unsure of the proper wording/verbiage I should use to plead my case--After all it is not the title company's fault, but I should be paid. Any input would be welcome as a response to this post or via PM. Also, would anyone recommend me pursuing some type of "collections" process? Please advise. This is the first time I've been burned.

Thanks

Reply by Lee/AR on 8/15/12 1:11pm
Msg #430532

I'd wait 60 days before getting TC involved. Then I'd just call--no letter.

Reply by jba/fl on 8/15/12 1:21pm
Msg #430534

I think I would just call them now.

They (Precision) are getting a horrible reputation already and it just may be that "he who yells the loudest get paid." Forget the letter - call TC.

To me, this falls under "theft of services" and TC should be made aware that they support this activity if they continue to use this company. JMHO

Reply by anotaryinva on 8/15/12 3:01pm
Msg #430554

Which Precision NJ or FL n/m

Reply by reba on 8/15/12 5:44pm
Msg #430588

Re: Which Precision NJ or FL

FL

Reply by jba/fl on 8/15/12 7:15pm
Msg #430606

I was referring to the FL company. There has been

so much controversy with them.

Good question Amy....I should have asked prior to jumping in.

Reply by PA_Notary_II on 8/16/12 9:29am
Msg #430663

Hey Jules....

You only live 13 miles from this deadbeat.....I'll split my fee with you if you go pick it up.

Reply by anotaryinva on 8/16/12 10:39am
Msg #430672

Re: Hey Jules....

I was thinking the same thing!

Reply by jba/fl on 8/16/12 11:56am
Msg #430696

Re: Hey Jules....

It might be hard to do: http://www.mugshotsworld.com/AURELIO-ORTIZ

Of course, I don't think this is the same person, but do we even remotely feel this would be just? LOL

I sent you a PM

Reply by NorCA/notary on 8/24/12 1:32pm
Msg #431856

I completed a signing 6-1-12,no payment . Contacted title Boston National in NC ,they are fantastic[Smile] stepped up and paid promptly. If that is the title company just call them the have an employee working on this specifically,she is wonderful.
Problem solved!
Hope this helps,
Christine

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/15/12 1:32pm
Msg #430537

I'd send a final notice to company now

with copy of confirmation; then send a copy of all to title with a short note stating simply that the SS has not paid you for services rendered and is not responding to your inquiries.

If all else fails get Small Claims paperwork, draft it naming both SS and TC and defendants and send it to both with a drop dead date for payment or else.

Normally I'm easier than this to work with but IMO from what I've read this guy hasn't earned the luxury of patience.

JMO and Good Luck.

Reply by Les_CO on 8/15/12 3:35pm
Msg #430556

It takes some work but you asked…… Enclosed please find copies of my many requests to be paid as contracted by you/your company, for work done, and copies of the paperwork to be legally filed in court if I do not receive payment within three business days. See you in court!

Reply by fiberguru on 8/15/12 9:38pm
Msg #430628

Well dont feel bad I done 2 signings for them one back in may and the other in june, they finally sent payment to me shorting me $25.00 and then what do you know the check bounced. I have called and email and no answer.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.