Notary Rotary
Attributes of a Successful Loan Signing Agent
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2012 Index

Posted by 101livescan on 1/2/12 9:26am
Msg #408024

The last post prompted me to post a list of qualities that I believe are critical to be successful in this business, and I think these qualities are what catapults people in a class of their own. If you're focused on the task, and truly committed to this work as a career, you probably possess most of these characteristics. On the other hand, there are people in this business who have not been as committed, rather do it as a hobby and accept low fees from companies most of us would not work for. Hence, whining and wanking.

ATTRIBUTES OF A FIVE-STAR, WHITE GLOVE (NOT FASS) NOTARY LOAN SIGNING AGENT

Strong passion about this biz, first and foremost
Professional demeanor and performance; ability to focus on your mission
Positive attitude
Build, lead & empower this forum
Risk taker
Self disciplined
Hard worker, organized
Persevere despite the odds
Builld a good support network, be respectful of those who don't see things your way
Marketing athlete
Problem solver
Good communicator
Managerial expertise; time management is critical
Detail oriented
Great people skills; ability to control range of signing scenarios and personalities for a seamless signing every time
Good expense manager
Have enough $ saved to launch the business and keep the MoJo going

This is my business model, it has worked for me for many years. Every year it gets better and better. I hope the same for all of you who choose to make this your full time career.

Reply by HisHughness on 1/2/12 9:38am
Msg #408025

***Hence, whining and <wanking>***

Let me guess, Cheryl. You didn't look up the definition.

Reply by 101livescan on 1/2/12 9:51am
Msg #408026

I knew I'd get a rise out of you on this one....

Reply by Susan Fischer on 1/2/12 1:05pm
Msg #408038

I'd call that a successful post, in that case...heehee

Hugh, count your blessings, bud.

Reply by 101livescan on 1/2/12 2:52pm
Msg #408046

Re: I'd call that a successful post, in that case...heehee

Shucks. I left off "Possess a good sense of humor!"

Reply by BossLadyMD on 1/2/12 12:52pm
Msg #408037

Great list - add Flexibility n/m

Reply by Susan Fischer on 1/2/12 1:12pm
Msg #408039

Patience, empathy, and resolve. Also, the etherial

ability to be a chameleon- adaptable to all personality types. (I think you covered that, though.)

Reply by Scriba/NM on 1/3/12 1:21am
Msg #408078

Your list and your resourcefulness are excellent - unfortunately not enough people are making such a list or following one remotely like it. This is also a business you have to invest in, like advertising (where it benefits you) and good equipment. That's the only thing I can see to add to it. The problem solving and communication are two very big items - that's what gets me my repeat business, call after call, from people who honestly tell me they don't to hassle with unknowns.

I always try to provide a high-quality signing time after time, and that coupled with my "no fail" policy keeps me busy all the time. If, for any reason, there is any error in a signing I perform, the fix (no matter what it is)will be at no charge - including FedEx or UPS charges.

Your business is exactly what you make it.

Reply by Eve/VA on 1/3/12 8:00am
Msg #408087

Marketing Athlete? Wow n/m

Reply by Shauna/WA on 1/4/12 1:35pm
Msg #408196

Thick skin. People aren't mad at YOU, but at the circumstance.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.