Notary Rotary
2nd in a split signing
Notary Discussion History

2nd in a split signing
Go Back to July, 2012 Index

Posted by L.G (Buc) Alboucq on 7/30/12 3:31pm
Msg #428668

2nd in a split signing

What is the rationale on the part of the SS when they offer to pay $40 for the second signing on a split signing?
I think that I would rather do the whole signing than to follow another notary and have to do loose acknowlegments
Looking for comments

Reply by Sandra Clark on 7/30/12 3:39pm
Msg #428669

Personally I wouln't do any signing for $40. but thats me. That's much too low for any closing..

Reply by Barb25 on 7/30/12 3:51pm
Msg #428673

There is no rationale or who cares what it is

It is still a signing. Not your problem it is split. You have to do the signing. You deserve your normal fee. In addition, unless the TC or other notary has provided you with the extra and proper acks/affs, you have to make sure all is correct and included. No apologies necessary on your part. Get your normal fee. I never have a problem with this one. You have added responsibility to make sure dates on RTC are correct and you are in compliance.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 7/30/12 3:59pm
Msg #428676

It's a $65.00 signing minus $25.00 for printing edocs...

I wouldn't do it. I don't care about loose certs... no biggie there. The only difference is that you're not printing the documents.

I would be VERY sure that you a) charge appropriately....it's worth more than $40.00 and b) document every single paper sent to you in case you're accused of losing something. I've had split signing that came direct from the other notary and the other notary managed to leave out several important documents.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 7/30/12 4:20pm
Msg #428680

The rationale is purely one from their own perspective without regard to the notaries doing the actual work. IMO, they're just thinking about their bottom line and trying to get away with paying two notaries as little as possible for work they probably underbid. It's grasping at straws to try to come up with excuses to devalue what we do. The good companies know better.

Reply by pat/WA on 7/30/12 5:22pm
Msg #428687

There is extra responsibility. Therefore, extra pay

Reply by Jessica Ward on 7/30/12 5:59pm
Msg #428691

Heck no!!

Those split signings always take extra time IMO, and if you're the 2nd half, you never know what you're getting into--sometimes it's like opening Pandora's box!

I don't think I've ever signed part 2 without walking into a mess left from either the title company or prior notary.

The last one I did had several missing certs from the prior notary, missed dates, etc.

Ughhh..

Reply by MW/VA on 7/30/12 6:48pm
Msg #428702

No way! A signing is a signing, and "split" doesn't mean

splitting the fees between the notaries. LOL
You would charge them whatever your fee is, taking into acct. that you don't have to print the docs. Otherwise, you still review the entire pkg. with the party you're signing for.

Reply by Clem/CA on 7/30/12 10:16pm
Msg #428730

If they offer you less than a normal signing...... KICK them in the split.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.