Notary Rotary
Airbills: SC finds another notary instead of return airbill
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2012 Index

Posted by HrdwrkrVA on 7/31/12 9:52pm
Msg #428895

No kidding! Due to fraud on my FedEx a/c, I had to close it. Continued to handwrite, 'til I got burned w/ wrong a/c #'s & other issues (usually on weekends when no one's available, of course). I've wasted weekend hrs, made 2nd trips & you know how I was shown gratitude? In every instance where TC had given wrong info, SC tried to place blame on me - you know: TTNUTB - throw the notary under the bus?!?!?. Didn't work, but boy did they try!

So I'm reading about E&O (on NotRot?), & did alittle checking on just what it does & does not cover:
errors on the loan docs- NOT the airbill!

I know there are SAs that will handwrite as a courtesy, that courtesy could be quiet costly! Or you can get add'l (costly) liability ins, but I choose NOT to incur that unnecessary expense (and also to limit my exposure to liabilty as much as possible).

The thing is, when I explained to SC, that there'd been fraud on my account & I didn't have that kind of ins...her reply? "I've never had a notary ask for an airbill - maybe we'll just have to get another notary"! Mind you this was less than 2 hrs before the signing!

Dodged a bullet though - pkg was over 160 pgs - glad I didn't print that behemoth!

Reply by Yowheelz on 8/1/12 10:17am
Msg #428946

In 16 years I have had one incorrect airbill, my fault, and the SC/TC made it good. My local mail and parcel will not accept handwritten airbills so I put them in a drop box. I must say, I do like when they send me computer airbills with the package.

Reply by MW/VA on 8/1/12 10:25am
Msg #428950

Don't you have a local pack & ship store that will do

labels for you through their system? I feel for you in this situation, but don't think any co. is going to have the time to deal with that issue, especially at EOM. I hope you can come up with a Plan B for your shipping labels. It sounds like a total PIA, and is going to be a lot of hassle, for sure.

Reply by HrdwrkrVA on 8/1/12 3:23pm
Msg #428997

When you have a wrong #, it's a wrong #. Judging from their

response, if I DID make a mistake, it'd off w/ my head! Like I said, I ended up dodging a bullet anyway. Usually when I have to ask (maybe once a month), most are happy to make sure everything goes well & they get their pkg back on time! Main thing: that is a good way (unless you're insd) for an SA to leave themselves WIDE OPEN for needless liability. Be careful!

Reply by FeliseSoCal on 8/1/12 5:50pm
Msg #429014

I don't have a FedEx or UPS account

because of that. After getting billed by mistake, a nightmare to remedy I closed them. If I need to write a handbill, I put the TC/ Receivers address in the sender fields. I only use my name as the sender, but their address.
Works for me.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.