Notary Rotary
All day long, they call...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2012 Index

Posted by Marian_in_CA on 7/17/12 7:38pm
Msg #427197

A company (LoanClosers.com) was calling me most of the day trying to get me to handle a signing for tonight, which I couldn't do. I appreciated that several local notaries all told them to contact me about it. They were desperate...couldn't find anyone, etc.... I finally told them I could do it tomorrow and quoted my minimum fee which was double what they were 'offering'.

They finally replied by email:

"Well thank you for you availability I found a notary with fee of $75 for the package."

Well, I'm glad they found somebody... but why did they tell ME how much the other notary took? Holy moley.

Reply by jba/fl on 7/17/12 7:42pm
Msg #427200

Probably lying . . . n/m

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 7/17/12 7:44pm
Msg #427202

Yeah.... the other notary probably accepted $60....

these guys are known for $50-$60 offers. Yeah, so not going there.

I believe they found somebody , and I suspect I know who it was. No big deal... I'll end up getting a call from title asking to pick up the pieces again. I've been called in to clean up after this person at least 3 times now. I wish I were kidding. Frown

Reply by bfnotary on 7/18/12 12:56pm
Msg #427279

Re: Yeah.... the other notary probably accepted $60....

I have been in that same situation alot in the past few months with a notary in my area. I like it kinda. I have gotta a few really respectable companies that now call me because of her. Lol. Most of which are TC's.

Reply by Barb25 on 7/17/12 7:45pm
Msg #427203

because this is how we act in the 3rd grade n/m

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 7/17/12 7:52pm
Msg #427204

Re: because this is how we act in the 3rd grade

Weird, I know. I suppose it's supposed to make me feel bad that I didn't accept their offer after being hounded with 11 phones call today from them?

Reply by Barb25 on 7/17/12 7:56pm
Msg #427205

BTW, you do know I was talking about them not You, right? Phew! Sure supposedly they got someone and cheaper. Nah nah nah na! Third grade

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 7/17/12 8:15pm
Msg #427207

Oh, yes that's what I figured. I just found it really....tacky to tell me that. I mean, we all already KNOW they do it anyway (pay notaries $50-$60)... I supposed $75 is being extra generous for them? LOL

Reply by JanetK_CA on 7/17/12 8:51pm
Msg #427213

Not just tacky, but EXTREMELY unprofessional. I think "3rd grade" pretty much nails it. Wink

Reply by MikeC/TX on 7/17/12 7:58pm
Msg #427206

"Well, I'm glad they found somebody... but why did they tell ME how much the other notary took?"

Because they think that will guilt you into lowering your fees. You, of course, are much smarter than they are.

The NSA motto should be: "You get what you pay for". Maybe someone could design a logo for use on web sites that incorporates that phrase...

Reply by PegiT_MN on 7/17/12 9:24pm
Msg #427219

LOL.....we have a winner.....Marian in CA is smarter than a third grader!

I'm sorry....reading this post.....that's all I could think of.......I saw the third grader part.....and then I saw Mike post that she is much smarter than they are.......and it totally reminded me of that show! Thanks for the laugh you guys!

Reply by jba/fl on 7/17/12 9:35pm
Msg #427222

funny! very funny! n/m

Reply by ananotary on 7/17/12 9:08pm
Msg #427217

HATE Loanclosers.com I avoid every call. lol n/m

Reply by CJ on 7/17/12 11:55pm
Msg #427235

I DON'T like them!!!!!

They call up all surupy sweet, and BEG me to take a job. Then they offer me lower than the lowest fee. I would insist on my fee. When I used to take their work, they would not pay me unless I sent them a special invoice at the end of the month, which I would do, then the check would not come. Then I would be sending them more invoices and I would get some random amount on the check that didn't match anything, with no breakdown. I would call, but their accountant "does't work today". If I did get a hold of him, he would tell me that it was hard to keep track of how much they actually owed me. (???? Isn't that his JOB? Isn't that why I sent the invoices?) I said to him, "If you worked a bunch of hours and they shorted you on your paycheck because you worked too many hours for you to keep track of, how would you feel?". Once I FINALLY got all the money they owed me, I stopped answering their calls.

Reply by Cherokee on 7/18/12 10:53am
Msg #427267

Re: I DON'T like them!!!!!

Thanks for they info. I will put them on my "Get Lost" list along with Vista National and Precision Signings, Florida. Its been 60 days still no pay.

Reply by Gary Williamson on 12/24/12 9:51pm
Msg #447732

I accepted a closing from Loan closers.com and then they sent me a confirmation for $50 less than we had agreed to on the phone. I balked and was told to talk to my scheduler. I mentioned that we had agreed to the fee because of the holiday and the distance. I was told that I needed to talk to the scheduler again to resolve the fee. I also said I had looked at Notary Rotary and it looked like they did not pay their notaries on time. I said I would take the assignment if they paid me via PayPal. I was told that they would look for another rotary.
I agreed to not perform this signing for them. Nor any other signing.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.