Notary Rotary
Beware! Genuine Title - new process
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2012 Index

Posted by ValleyGrl/VA on 7/31/12 9:13am
Msg #428764

I know these guys have been discussed over and over here - in Signing Central with 1 1/2 stars. They are evidently still at the game - but are running an end play. I received a call last night from a SS that I work with on a regular basis - help us out... extra pay, etc... what time can you get there? I accepted the appointment - a print and run - 163 pages! Emails from SS, and instructions from "Global Notary" - it wasn't until I was signing the docs with the borrower that I see the title company - 'Genuine Title"... ugghh! I guess I know why they didn't call me directly for this one - I would have hung up the phone as soon as I heard "Genuine...". Looks like they are now using SS's and sub SS's since most of us won't answer the phone for them anymore!

Reply by 101livescan on 7/31/12 9:42am
Msg #428769

THANKS FOR THE SIREN! I haven't worked for this company in years, it was simply too ugly and painful.

Hope everyone remembers not to work for them and to be on the alert with Global Notary and other SSs who represent them.

Reply by Frank/NC on 7/31/12 9:46am
Msg #428770

Thanks, this is the kind of information that is exchanged on this site that makes it so good. The other issue here is that Global Notary is no bargain either to work for, I guess if they were in a bind, they offered additional. Personally, I don't want any part of them either.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 7/31/12 9:47am
Msg #428772

Frank the copycat... :) n/m

Reply by Frank/NC on 7/31/12 10:06am
Msg #428779

Re: Frank the copycat... :)

We actually had the same thought and posted at the same time. I'll bet Global Notary isn't happy that Valley Girl did the first posting. Sounds like Genuine Title and Global deserve each other.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 7/31/12 9:46am
Msg #428771

If you have an agreement with Global Notary that

you'll be paid within xx days no matter the status of their payment from Title, then that's who your recourse is with. Global is now on the hook to get you paid A.S.A.P and in accordance with your agreement with them - and it will be Global's problem to collect from Genuine.

Not sure how your experience is with Global but I don't answer the phone for them- they've never been able to meet my fees. By the way - you should note Global Notary out of Tustin is only 2.5 stars in SC - doesn't sound like you're in a very win win situation here..

Good Luck with this.

Reply by ValleyGrl/VA on 7/31/12 9:50am
Msg #428774

Re: If you have an agreement with Global Notary that

Actually I was hired by a SS that I work closely with - Global hired her... she assured me that I would be paid - so no issue there as far as my pocketbook - HOWEVER, I don't like seeing Genuine Title finding a way around paying what is owed to so many!

Reply by bfnotary on 7/31/12 9:53am
Msg #428775

Re: If you have an agreement with Global Notary that

I have done a few for global notary, Or actually 2, the only 2 times they could meet my fee. (must have been in a bind). Anyways, I get the docs, and they said genuine title, (on the first signing with global), I made sure I would be paid even if title didn't pay them. They said yes, and they did pay with in 30 days. Same with the second one, it was at around 30 days as well. Genuine title tried to call me like 3 times in past 2 weeks. I have a silent ringtone for them. And saw the missed calls. They will never get me to work for them. And now that I know more about them, I won't do global's anymore either. I don't want to keep genuine title in business. ( I was really new and didn't know better, lol). I now know a lot better.

Reply by 101livescan on 7/31/12 9:50am
Msg #428773

Global Notary is in my phone as DNA...do not answer...deadbeats, low ballers...

Reply by ValleyGrl/VA on 7/31/12 9:53am
Msg #428776

I will now add Global Notary to my "DNA" list as well! Thanks for that heads up. Evidently they (GN) decided this morning that they needed (lots of) faxbacks... I was on the ball this morning and had already dropped the package - whew!

Reply by bfnotary on 7/31/12 9:55am
Msg #428777

global always needs alot of faxbacks. That is why they don't meet my fee. Way to many faxbacks, I charge for it. But like I said, I don't want to keep genuine title in business, therefore, I won't be taking any more from them.. The 2 that I did take in the past were both genuine title packets. Blah.

Reply by Frank/NC on 7/31/12 10:18am
Msg #428782

Believe me, you do not want their DNA.

Reply by 101livescan on 7/31/12 11:08am
Msg #428789

That is yet another flaw that comes into play. Yep, turn those puppies back ASAP....

Reply by Les_CO on 7/31/12 9:57am
Msg #428778

A thief by any other name is still a thief. Genuine Title from the top down, including their ‘in house SS’ (Kosi S.) know what they have done, and what they are still doing. A pack of disreputable thieves, that IMO should be put out of business. If Global is accepting their business it's at their risk. As others have said they (Global) too do not have the best reputation. Just knowing that they are willing to work with theives automatically places them on my "just say no" list.

Reply by docs1954CA on 7/31/12 10:15am
Msg #428781

So now the question is;

Which deadbeat company should this be linked to?

Reply by ToniK on 7/31/12 10:34am
Msg #428784

They called me this morning for a last minute application signing. Shannon Smoot was her name. Turned it down citing their feedback. I don't do Global notary I ignore as well.

Reply by 101livescan on 7/31/12 11:10am
Msg #428790

Sadly, they will always find someone new to dupe! However, we "sage, seasoned" veterans know better, best!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.