Crickets??
Notary Discussion History

Crickets??
Go Back to July, 2012 Index

Posted by Jessica Iannuzzi on 7/16/12 10:18am
Msg #427013

Crickets??

Hey Everyone,
July has been deafeningly slow for me. My mother passed away last month and I had to turn away quite a few closings between funeral preparations and just the pure shock of it all. Im hoping I didnt hurt myself in the process. Has July been slow for any others?

Reply by JPH13/MO on 7/16/12 10:30am
Msg #427015

The week with July 4 I had NO signings, last week was slower than usual but not too bad. Hope things pick up!

Reply by Doris_CO on 7/16/12 10:32am
Msg #427016

So sorry to hear of the loss of your mother Jessica. Give yourself some time to heal while it's not busy. It might be a good time to research and market your business. If you read NotRot every day you'll notice that one part of the country is busy and another is not. So, it really depends on where you are and whether or not it's busy in your area. I've noticed in the last year or so that, in my area, around the 15th of the month there is a flurry of activity and then it quiets down again until EOM.

Reply by Jessica Iannuzzi on 7/16/12 10:35am
Msg #427019

Thanks Doris for the well wishes.

Im on the Eastcoast (Philly) Generally Im really busy almost all month and especially around the middle of the month. Here's to hoping business picks up Smile

Reply by snowflake/PA on 7/16/12 6:30pm
Msg #427058

Jessica:

Sorry for the loss of your mom. My mom is nearly 70 and her health is not well - although she still teaches during the year. Sad to see them decline. Anyway, I'm north of you - in the Lehigh Valley and Poconos. It has been alot slower this month than in the past. Everyone here is right - take some time to catch up with some slow payers, etc.

My prayers are with you and your family.

Reply by 101livescan on 7/16/12 10:43am
Msg #427020

So sorry to hear about your dear sweet mother's passing. One of life's heart breaks. I'm celebrating my mother's 85 birthday with her this weekend. She's coming down on the Amtrak from Eugene, OR. Bless her heart, we always feel blessed that she makes it year after year, sometimes twice a year. I think it's so she an get her feet dry. She lives on the coast of OR. Things will pick up for you, meanwhile, enjoy the lull. It won't last! Peace and blessings to you and your family.

Reply by notary4az2 on 7/16/12 10:52am
Msg #427022

Sorry to hear about the passing of your mom. My heart goes out to you!

I had a car accident last month (not my fault and totalled my car) and thought that turning away signings had hurt my biz. I am certainly not doing the signings I was earlier this yr either way. Appreciate the lull, I cleaned my office and organized my paperwork and made calls to my late payers! Signings will pick up!

Reply by Jessica Iannuzzi on 7/16/12 10:56am
Msg #427023

"made calls to my late payers" THANKS for the reminder! Doing it now.

Thank you for all your kind words Smile

Reply by 101livescan on 7/16/12 11:21am
Msg #427024

Remember that July and August are big vacation months. People going away for long weekends. I had two signings last week with people leaving directly from my office for week/two weeks.

It will pick up, and then there are the people coming to your town on holiday whose docs might get emailed to closer for signing in your neck of the woods.

Hang in there. I need a week to get my office together. Utter chaos while remodel underway.

Reply by Susan/CA on 7/16/12 11:29am
Msg #427025

First of all I am so sorry to hear of your mothers passing. My prayers and thoughts are with you & your family. I just had a scare with my mother at the beginning of June. She had a stroke but is recovering. She was lucky and she should be back to normal soon. She is 79 years old.

July has been slow as Molasses for me as well! After doing about 60 closings a month between Feb.-June this slowdown is quite welcome to me. However, I hope things pick up a bit. I needed some downtime just to get my head back together. I had little time to do anything other than sign, sign, fax, invoice, re-stock supplies, etc...So to make a long story short, so far for me here in So.Cal. things have slowed dramatically. 60 a month is a little much but my motto is to take as much as I can well the going is good because as we all know things can and most likely will slow down again. I do hope things pick up to a moderate pace.

Good Luck to you & everyone!

Susan

Reply by Jessica Ward on 7/16/12 11:36am
Msg #427027

Unusually busy here

I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of your mom.

I've seen an unusual uptick in work, and another interesting trend--days fully booked with closings a week or more in advance--that NEVER happens to me.

July and August have been good months for me in the past. Could be just because the kids aren't in school and I take more work than usually, but I"m not sure.

Reply by Patti Corcoran on 7/16/12 5:31pm
Msg #427054

Re: So sorry for the loss of your beloved mother. My phone

is unusally quiet but I am enjoying the long days. I hope that time will heal you.

Reply by PegiT_MN on 7/16/12 12:38pm
Msg #427030

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother Jessica. With everything you have just went through, you should not be afraid that you hurt yourself or your business. Maybe you could take this down time and contact some of your clients and let them know that you are available for whenver they need you. It has been a little slow this month for me too. I am taking the time to go through Signing Central and try to sign up with some new title companies.

Reply by bfnotary on 7/16/12 1:06pm
Msg #427032

This month has been really slow, But it has been coming in spurts, Like 2 or 3 days a week, this month, i will be slammed, and the rest of the week, i will have none. (but alot slower than it has been)

Reply by NJDiva on 7/16/12 2:25pm
Msg #427035

Really slow here too. I can't even remember when it's been

this slow...but then I can hardly remember this morning (started out with a 7am.) lol

However, with that said, I have 4 closings today (not including one cancel). Pretty much all I did last week. I'm used to doing 15+ a week. I feel lost...lol

My heart goes out to you Jessica. Sending love, thoughts and prayers.

Warmly,
Cheryl

Reply by MW/VA on 7/16/12 2:53pm
Msg #427039

Sorry for the loss of your Mother, Jessica. Thoughts &

prayers are with you & your family.
We all need to set our priorities at times like this. The biz will be there when you're ready. It's been slower with vacations, etc. Going into the fall should be busy with all the HARP refi's that are in process.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 7/16/12 6:37pm
Msg #427059

My sincerest heartfelt condolences on the loss of your mother. Accept these slow times to remember those beautiful moments you had with mom. Allow yourself to feel the pain of your loss. Allow yourself to cry. Once you have allowed yourself to grieve, then you're ready to face life again. JMHO

Suggestion: When you turned away closings last month, did you tell them your mom had just passed? If so, they may be giving you time to heal. You may want to let 'em know you're ready to work again. Just a thought.

May God grant you serenity and all His blessings.

Reply by Clem/CA on 7/16/12 8:29pm
Msg #427066

for sure Crickets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 7/16/12 9:07pm
Msg #427068

Re: for sure Crickets

Im so sorry for the loss of you Mom..One of lifes hardest things..Take time for yourself! It has been slower for me as well. Just contact the companies you worked for before and let them know you are ready to get back to work..I hope you get slammed at EOM! God Bless you and your family!

Reply by jba/fl on 7/16/12 9:11pm
Msg #427069

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MOBzSxFK8E0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reply by Jessica Iannuzzi on 7/17/12 9:35am
Msg #427107

Crickets are pretty relaxing lol.
Thanks everyone for all your kind words. Glad to hear Im not alone Smile

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.