Notary Rotary
Docs Were Printed On An Ink Jet????
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2012 Index

Posted by PegiT_MN on 7/13/12 8:41pm
Msg #426768

I just had a dual signing tonight where the wife was out of state on business and signed a couple of days ago and the package was overnighted to me by the first notary who obviously printed them out on an ink jet printer.....definitely not a laser printer. I sat there for the first few minutes of the closing trying to figure out what was wrong with the documents.......they seemed so faded and blurry......and then it dawned on me......these were printed out on an ink jet printer.

You can definitely tell the difference in the quality. Do the title companies even allow this? I thought any fool with a notary stamp and a laser printer could get a job doing mortgage closings.....two out of three ain't bad I guess.

Reply by HisHughness on 7/13/12 8:46pm
Msg #426769

Uh, sometimes when I print from my color laser on inkjet paper I get that smeared effect. Could that be the problem?

Reply by PegiT_MN on 7/13/12 8:48pm
Msg #426771

Maybe it was the paper he was using.....it just reminded me of when I used to use an inkjet printer. It definitely did not look like it was printed on a laser printer.

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 7/13/12 10:31pm
Msg #426782

Maybe they had bad paper or a bad printer..I would not be so quick to judge!

Reply by MikeC/TX on 7/14/12 4:18pm
Msg #426866

I agree with the others - it could have been the paper, or may have even been a toner cartridge problem. Inkjet printers have improved, especially those that are photo-quality. Used to be that the easiest way to tell was to wet the page a bit - the ink would smear. I know that the one I use for everyday printing has ink that doesn't smear when moistened, and it's hard to distinguish from a laser output.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.