Go Back to July, 2012 Index

Posted by famena on 7/29/12 12:31pm
Msg #428557

Does anyone know how to print out docs from cell phones? n/m

Reply by Jessica Ward on 7/29/12 12:36pm
Msg #428559

Depends on the phone

Depends on your phone.
I can print from iPhone to a wireless printer, but the trick is having a printer that has wireless capabilities. (I buy old printers, so mine aren't wireless-networked).

Can you tell us more about your phone's model?

Reply by famena on 7/29/12 8:29pm
Msg #428602

Re: Depends on the phone

I use a DroidX

Reply by Clem/CA on 7/29/12 10:35pm
Msg #428616

Re: Depends on the phone

Search for wireless print server adapter. You can turn and old printer into wireless by adding one

Reply by HisHughness on 7/29/12 1:24pm
Msg #428567

Listen to Jessica

Even if the phone doesn't really have printing capabilities, she'll soon have it printing out your docs and fixing a six course meal for you, followed by an after-dinner drink. Give her enough time, and she'll have it making the presentation to the borrower, too.

Reply by Shelly_FL on 7/29/12 1:33pm
Msg #428568

If you have a Brother, there is an app for that...

http://www.brother-usa.com/downloads/printing-app.aspx

The printer does not have to be wireless, but would need to be connected to a computer that is powered on.

Reply by Michelle/AL on 7/29/12 9:05pm
Msg #428603

Shelly, this is great info. Thanks! n/m

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 7/29/12 2:30pm
Msg #428577

have your tried considered getting a printer to keep in your

car?

Reply by Jessica Ward on 7/29/12 9:25pm
Msg #428604

Not a droid user BUT

I use iPhone for my phone service, but just recently added an android tablet to the family. Still learning my way around the android platform.

I did a quick search and found a few options,

You can download an app called "printershare."

You can also "print to retail" which will basically send your print job to the nearest copy center. (FedexKinkos).

For Samsung Android users,
"Samsung MobilePrint" is a printer/scanner app.

Reply by famena on 7/30/12 1:44pm
Msg #428657

Thank you all..

I downloaded the "printershare" app and used my cell this morning to ship the first set of docs to my HP printer. Docs downloaded and printed correctly.

Thank you Jessica for your time in checking the info to get this new feature in my cell. It'll be of big help to me..

Reply by Jessica Ward on 7/30/12 6:08pm
Msg #428695

I'm so glad it worked!

I'm going to add the same thing on my tablet, switching from Windows and Apple to Android has taken me lots of time--much longer than I expected. (Though I really only use the tablet as a Netflix and Facebook machine). Smile

Reply by Frances Kany on 7/30/12 8:46am
Msg #428630

Re: Does anyone know how to print out docs from cell phones?

I use a Samsung Galaxy S and love it. I downloaded a Printshare App and the Brother Wireless App along with the HP Wireless App. My phone prints fine to either printer.

Reply by BrendaTx on 7/30/12 9:30am
Msg #428635

Great info, all. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.