Notary Rotary
E signings
Notary Discussion History

E signings
Go Back to July, 2012 Index

Posted by Les Jarrin on 7/9/12 10:42pm
Msg #426191

E signings

Anyone doein any E signings. If so can you tell me what software you are using and is there anything special aboiut it. Much thanks

Reply by Jessica Ward on 7/9/12 10:49pm
Msg #426193

I'm working under the assumption that you mean an e-closing (not electronic notarization).

My state doesn't have any electronic notarization, but I do close Flagstar and NYCB E-closing regularly.

You need a PC laptop computer, and it needs to be reliable (Mac doesn't work--they say the computer has to be PC-compatible), Internet Explorer, and Adobe Acrobat, and a way to get a secure wireless connection--tether, aircard or create a hotspot from an android or iphone). A mouse is helpful, especially with signers unfamiliar with computers.

They don't work from the other (far superior) browers--only Explorer for some reason.

Otherwise, that's all you need. You should be able to get a training demonstration video from your client who wants you to provide those. I do a lot of them now--at one point I was doing one every other month and almost stopped offering the service alltogether--they were often sending me to the middle of noplace (read: no wireless coverage through my network) with very elderly signers who weren't comfortable with the process.

That problem seems to have mostly gone away now, I haven't had a real headache assignment in many months.

Reply by Les Jarrin on 7/10/12 9:47am
Msg #426221

Thanks for taking the time to reply Jessica. Do you need acrobat to convert the docs to word? Also do they just use the mouse for the signatures. Do you have to convert all docs to word or just the signature pages? Thanks

Reply by BestFlCloser on 7/10/12 11:26am
Msg #426229

Les...

You do need to print out some of the docs that need to be wet signed, just like a regular edoc signing. The mortgage and other affadavits. Then you should also get a package of escrow docs from title, instructions, ID affs and so on. Once you have completed the 'wet' signed docs, then you link in and work on the eSigning. As stated before you'll need a laptop, aircard or phone tether. You will need the bo's to agree to electronic signing and they you can move through the note and other docs. I've done several hundred of them for both Flagstar and NYCB and it works great. You can PM me if you need more info.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 7/10/12 12:06pm
Msg #426233

After a couple of e-sgnings under my belt and observing how they went, I decided to ask all future borrowers if they want to use my laptop or their computer. They always pick theirs. I think it goes better that way. They're more comfortable using their own equipment. They're "in charge." I just guide them through the signing. Of course, I've never had a signer who didn't have a computer!

Reply by Jessica Ward on 7/10/12 7:17pm
Msg #426299

Most lenders DO NOT PERMIT the use of signer's computer

As there are no assurances of security. See the training videos that both NYCB and Flagstar provide.

Reply by Jessica Ward on 7/10/12 7:19pm
Msg #426302

No need for word or converting See DEMOs linked here.

You download and print title docs (just like any other signing) and then some lender docs. The rest they simply click the "sign now" button after they've reviwed the document on screen.

DO NOT use the client's computer, the banks prohibit this. Only your computer, and only if you can establish a secure internet connection.

NYCB demonstration video: http://www.esignmortgage.com/welcometoESign.htm
Flagstar quick E-sign instructions: https://download.flagstar.com/retail/pdf/signing_agent_guide.pdf

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.