Notary Rotary
Feedback Please
Notary Discussion History

Feedback Please
Go Back to July, 2012 Index

Posted by PegiT_MN on 7/25/12 1:24pm
Msg #428019

Feedback Please

I received a telephone call last night from an area code I didn't recognize but the young lady on the telephone identified herself as calling from one of the larger title companies that most of us are signed up with and I just assumed that this was one of their new outsourced locations, quite possibly coming from a different country according to what I have read here on Notary Rotary. Anyway, she asked if I could do a closing tomorrow evening at 7:00 p.m. in a town directly south of me (5 minutes away) and I graciously accepted as I am signed up with the company and I do quite a bit of business with them from their other two locations. Problem is......she never sent me a confirmation.......still don't have it. I have called her two times and left a voice mail that I have not received a confirmation. It is for EOM day and I am getting other telephone calls for this prime 7:00 p.m. time slot and I am not sure what I should do.

Could you please give me some ideas on what you would do? Thanks so much.

Reply by KARA/NJ on 7/25/12 1:28pm
Msg #428023

It's possible that they filled the appointment with another notary. If I didn't have the confirmation in hand then the appointment doesn't exist. JMO.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 7/25/12 1:30pm
Msg #428025

Call someone you know at the branch you deal with

Ask them if they know of this branch, and how-to get a hold of someone re: the closing.
It would be a shame to hold that time slot for nothing.

Reply by Frances Kany on 7/25/12 1:34pm
Msg #428027

I would attempt one more time to make a phone call and say I will not be able to take the job you offered if I do not receive a written confirmation by email within the next hour. It is EOM and I must take another job. I am quite honest with these folks and I don't want to lose an opportunity just because someone is too forgetful to send the confirmation. I WILL NOT work without it.

Reply by Ernest__CT on 7/25/12 1:42pm
Msg #428028

No confirmation == no signing. Period.

Yes, it would be a nice gesture to call one more time. IMHO, however, the two messages that you did leave (and were not returned!) is quite sufficient. I would not hold the slot.

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 7/25/12 2:36pm
Msg #428033

I agree with Ernest and the others. I would take another

signing. I usually only hold the time slot for about an hour then open it back up. IF I get a confirmation after I have called them to let them know I am freeing up that appointment time and I have already accepted another I will call the BO to try to schedule for a later time. If they are unable to reschedule I will turn it back and let them know that it was due to their delay in sending the confirmation.

When I first started I would wait only to find out that they (2 certain companies) were using me to tell title they have it booked while they shopped around. If they couldn't find someone cheaper they would finally send it to me. I changed my policy once I discovered what was going on.

In your case, after 2 calls and over 12 hrs later, if it were me, I would not have an issue with booking another appointment and turning the request back the moment I received it, if I ever did at all.

Reply by MarkF on 7/26/12 7:39am
Msg #428099

Re: No confirmation == no signing. Period.

I agree, no confirmation - no signing.

Reply by Buddy Young on 7/25/12 2:44pm
Msg #428034

Without conformation, I would not do the job, I would take another. You need proof that you were given the job and accepted., just incase you have to prove you did it.

Reply by snowflake/PA on 7/25/12 2:49pm
Msg #428038

Re: No confirmation, no go. Had a company schedule

me for a closing. I emailed them after one hour to advise I needed confirmation or I could not block out the time slot. Never heard back. I accepted another closing call. First company called me 3x that same day . . . want to push time back, docs aren't ready, etc. Advised them of my email that I didn't receive a confirmation so I could not assist them. They still sent me docs and the confirm was sent with docs. Unbelievable.

Reply by LKT/CA on 7/26/12 3:49pm
Msg #428161

I agree with the others....no confirmation = no agreement. When calling back to ask about a confirmation, always give a deadline (i.e. If confirmation is not emailed by X time, the time slot will be opened to book other appointments). If scheduler doesn't respond, feel free to book other appointments.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.