Notary Rotary
Flagstar Esignings
Notary Discussion History

Flagstar Esignings
Go Back to July, 2012 Index

Posted by 101livescan on 7/13/12 3:07pm
Msg #426695

Flagstar Esignings

Had a loan signing yesterday for a Flagstar refi, paying off a Flagstar loan.

The borrower said, you're not bringing your laptop are you, I said no. Just a stack of papers.

She said, GOOD, because the last time it took more than two hours to get it done because the logistics were so complex and we couldn't stay connected.

So, it's not just us that doesn't like the lack of user friendly esignings, the borrower doesn't like it either.

I haven't done an esigning in over a year. They just don't seem to be that popular any more.

How about any of you, are you getting esigning requests these days?

Reply by MW/VA on 7/13/12 3:10pm
Msg #426698

No, and I didn't like them either. They were a PIA.

I have heard many comments lately from borrowers & agents that the paper process is cumbersome at best, and people would like to see it go electronic. One realtor brought up the other night that he uses Docusign all the time for RE transactions. I think we'll see it somewhere down the road.

Reply by Jessica Ward on 7/13/12 3:39pm
Msg #426700

I'm getting more requests than usual

Could just be that my client base has changed a little.

I charge a bundle for them because they're a horrible PIA, but they seem to be running smoother than they did a couple years ago. I've had trouble maintaining connections, overloaded servers that kicked signers out after every signatures, and a whole pack of other problems, but I'm doing 2-4 e-signings a month for Flagstar and NYCB and the past six months or so they've been pretty smooth.

I'm still not going to drop fees on them. I'm not yet convinced that this isn't a fluke.

Reply by BestFlCloser on 7/13/12 4:23pm
Msg #426707

Re: I'm getting more requests than usual

Me too and I take them all. It's really easy and I can knock out a full re-fi esign in 45 minutes. I take all I can get. I'm also doing about 3 - 4 per month as well.

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 7/13/12 4:53pm
Msg #426718

Re: I'm getting more requests than usual

I did one last month. The signer had been thru it before, so it went very smoothly. I used my computer. Would do again... Next though, as someone recently suggested, I might ask the signer if they prefer to use their equipment or mine?
This was the first one I had done in a long time, because they were willing to meet my fee and I had a month of anywhere wireless I was trying out.

Reply by Jessica Ward on 7/13/12 10:38pm
Msg #426786

Check the instructions from the lender

Both Flagstar and NYCB's instructions say not to use the borrower's computer or internet connection under any circumstances without written permission from the lender.

Reply by linda/ca on 7/15/12 12:44am
Msg #426906

I used to get a plea quite often from one of the companies that I contract with, however, I always begged off, telling them it's just not feasible for me, so they have not asked me lately.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.