Notary Rotary
Follow Up on Soverign Citizens
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2012 Index

Posted by Claudine Osborne on 7/29/12 9:40pm
Msg #428606

A few weeks ago I assisted with some GN work for a couple that I later found out were Soverign Citizens..I did not know about Soverign Citizens then..I have since learned a great deal about them..

Yesterday I received a phone call from a gentelmen and he said he was referred by so and so..(the first Soverign Citizens)..He goes into his spiel about needing someone to witness him putting documents in a sealed envelope..blah blah blah..Thanks to my fellow notaries here I did learn about the Soverign Citizen and I soon realized he was another one..I was very professional and told him that I could not assist him..Gee!

Reply by BrendaTx on 7/29/12 9:52pm
Msg #428608

Refer them to that webcam notary site. Wink

Reply by Jodith/WA on 7/29/12 10:26pm
Msg #428613

Wow, just reading up on this, and it seems a lot of these folks live in my neck of the woods (NW Washington). I guess I better be on the lookout for the same type of thing happening.

Reply by PegiT_MN on 7/29/12 10:45pm
Msg #428618

Oh my goodness.....that first couple gave your name to all the crazies in the county that are jumpin' on the soverign citizen bandwagon. Who has time for that crap.......besides the mortgage biz is booming right now.....we got loans to close.

Reply by Lee/AR on 7/30/12 7:52am
Msg #428628

Brenda's reply is quite appropriate

Has me ROFLMAO

Reply by Jessica Ward on 7/30/12 8:49am
Msg #428631

I went back and read the initial message: Msg #426043

Wowzers, this is quite a situation. Here in WA, I'd be avoiding this too, as our notarial acts are limited.

As someone who comes out of public policy (with a few years of that in national-security type stuff), It seems to me becoming a sovereign citizen would be the very best way to get yourself a US FBI file.

Reply by MW/VA on 7/30/12 12:25pm
Msg #428645

Yes, sometimes we open "pandora's box" when we

get involved in certain transactions. I gets calls from time to time from people in foreign countries who have particular criteria. I decline them & don't want to get involved in too many "gray area" transactions.

Reply by jnew on 7/30/12 4:05pm
Msg #428677

FBI message mentioned "violent encounters with law enforcement and other government officials." Would a notary public come under the latter classification? Thanks but no thanks. It's hard enough to get through the common nuts in life than having to deal with potentially violent ones.

Reply by Cori/WA on 9/8/12 5:07pm
Msg #433669

Here is an excellent video on this topic from the Southern Povery Law Center. About 5 minutes in, the host tells about what they consider as legal identification. I share this so you can know and recognize what you are dealing with when someone identifies themselves this way. It is quite disturbing, so be forewarned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_y-gLm9Hrw

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.