Notary Rotary
Frustration: companies that include 10 or more pages of
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2012 Index

Posted by Patti Corcoran on 7/30/12 7:40pm
Msg #428709

instructions for the notary on very basic issue, such as how to change the RTC, how and where BO signs on VA docs, etc. An then, just when I think that I have skipped over all of them, there are more in the middle of the package! Such a waset of my paper and toner when I miss some of these! No, I am not including those notes that are specific to that signing that I do appreciate reading and making note of.

Reply by ToniK on 7/30/12 10:10pm
Msg #428727

Or the 16 pages of sample loan app, and notarized forms....ugh!!! really????

Reply by Clem/CA on 7/30/12 10:20pm
Msg #428731

Most don't even read the verbiage on their own docs. The words "or" are there for a reason. The BO has three days from the signing date no matter what the pre-filled dates are on the doc.

Reply by Jack/AL on 7/30/12 10:33pm
Msg #428732

Let us not forget those that specify that documents can be printed on a mix of letter and legal size paper, but later, another page (perhaps 15 pages into the docs), says that legal paper MUST be used!

Reply by lindetteh_PA on 7/30/12 11:30pm
Msg #428740

10 pages I could live with...last week I had 86 pages of broker and appraisal docs,which made the package over 225pgs, and the SS was upset with me when I told them there would be an additional fee.

Reply by Clem/CA on 7/30/12 11:54pm
Msg #428742

I don't print appraisal docs. The appraiser gets paid to do that. I will give the BO a electronic copy though if they want it, still not my job. Most of the time the BO has it already, just call and ask them first. My monochrome printer is not made to print the pictures and shaded docs. NO way! NOT my job. I tell the SS so and if they want it I need 25 more bucks for the BS, they most often tell title to send it from the appraiser.

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 7/31/12 12:37am
Msg #428754

TC/SS could learn so much if the would just listen to us :) n/m

Reply by Patti Corcoran on 7/31/12 9:08am
Msg #428763

Re: appraisal docs - now way! Not my job. n/m

Reply by pan/nd on 7/31/12 9:30am
Msg #428768

nobody but nobody has beat this ...yet

total page count 500...yes, i said 500

total loan and title docs 85 pages

all the rest were the borrower's tax returns they wanted signed

printed them out (one set only) and asked for and got extra $$ for printing WAY over and above.

I had to deliver the package to fedex with a front end loader.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 7/31/12 1:35pm
Msg #428809

ROFLMAO!!!

"Front end loader." Too funny! But I agree, waaaayy over the top...

I'm also seeing lots more pages of "internal" docs, for lack of a better word; pages that the borrower doesn't need to see or have a copy of (or multiple copies of), but it's thrown in there for the notary to print. Really adds up.

BTW, I once also had a very large package that included copies of the BO's entire tax return. I placed a call ahead of time and ended up just printing the pages that required a signature, which was a tiny fraction of all they sent. Ridiculous for us to have to print all of that! (And, of course, borrowers already have their copy.)

Reply by 101livescan on 7/31/12 1:39pm
Msg #428814

Re: ROFLMAO!!!

Someone standing at the scanner was on ROBO SCAN. Completely unnecessary. The u/w has all the original documents, only needs SIGNED original 1040s SS Corp 1120s.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 7/31/12 1:44pm
Msg #428818

Smile That ROBO SCANNER needs to be found - and stopped!!

People don't think sometimes or just don't care. I guess it's easier and quicker to just slap the whole thing onto the scanner and let the notary deal with it.

Reply by pan/nd on 7/31/12 4:09pm
Msg #428844

Janet,

the "internal docs" are a sore spot with me....

First, there were none..

Then there was one set

Then there were duplicate copies

I just did a package that had triplicate copies of the so-called "internal docs"

Finally, I said , "To Heaven with it" and printed NONE of them.

We'll see what happens.

Bet nothing will...because I didn't print the others either..and never heard a peep

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.