Notary Rotary
HP Scanner
Notary Discussion History

HP Scanner
Go Back to July, 2012 Index

Posted by Salvador Avalos on 7/5/12 1:50pm
Msg #425636

HP Scanner

Can some recommend an HP Scanner that is fast and easy converts to PDF. I'm currently using a brothers but have a hard time converting to PDF. When the file is converted to a PDF all I get is black screen. Due to cost I will probably look to buy on Ebay as I did with my other printers.

Reply by Salvador Avalos on 7/5/12 1:55pm
Msg #425638

Also forgot to mention I use both PC and Mac Lion OS

Reply by Jessica Ward on 7/5/12 2:17pm
Msg #425647

I use an HP OfficeJetPro 8500

Scanner/Fax/Color ink jet printer (does nicely with photos).

You can program the scan buttons to certain actions like "black and white PDF" or you can fax to yourself and do the same thing.

Jess

Reply by Barb25 on 7/5/12 4:12pm
Msg #425664

If your scanner is working except for the convert to pdf software you might try downloading a trial software. I had a problem with my hp 6310 all-in-one when I move to windows 7. I downloaded trial of vuescan software from cnet website. Ended up purchasing it. I can scan superfast. Not suggesting this is good for you but I can leave 50 pages and walk away. Scans at 300 dpi for faxbacks in much better time than hp software ever did. Anyhow there are also free options. Do a search with orange button. It may be just the software and if that is the case why buy a new scanner (hardware) to replace software. Just saying.

Reply by jba/fl on 7/5/12 8:44pm
Msg #425704

Download, free, CutePDF . It is fast and so easy. Do your scanning, then ask to print, naming CutePDF as your printer. Then give it the name that you will find and Viola! you will have a pdf file - right there on your computer.

http://www.cutepdf.com

Reply by Pro Mobile Notary on 7/6/12 12:23pm
Msg #425754

Hi Sal. We use the Fuji ScanSnap high-speed document scanner with our Mac office. It will scan both sides of a document simultaneously and do it at amazing speed (in color or B&W) and leave you with a pdf file. You can find them online for under $300.00 and it is a great and dependable machine. We purchased ours in 2008 when we decided to digitize every document in our 17 file drawers of papers and now have everything on a hard drive.

Reply by Jessica Ward on 7/6/12 1:48pm
Msg #425765

Question on this--planning to move paper to digital

What kind of system do you use for indexing your documents? I'm looking at doing this, but wanted a really foolproof searchable system like I used to use in corporate applications but they all seem super expensive $1,000+.

Reply by HisHughness on 7/6/12 1:57pm
Msg #425767

Not sure exactly what you are seeking here

For case files, I use a simple system: Year/hyphen/sequential number/client.Thus: 12-278TitleSource. It's worked for me for 10 years.

If you are talking about scans, I keep very few scans in my scanned file. They get transferred to my Windows Explorer business folders.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.