Notary Rotary
I did not see an answer under the orange button regarding:
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2012 Index

Posted by Karla/OR on 7/15/12 4:33am
Msg #426908

A SS called to cancel a signing 4.5 hours before the scheduled appointment time (he did not specify why it was cancelled, only that they would call me back if it gets re-scheduled). I had already printed the e-docs which amounted to a total of 240 pages for the two sets.

Can I ask for print fees for the docs if they do not call me back to re-schedule the appointment? If so, how long should I wait for them to call back before asking for it? (the appointment was scheduled for last Friday evening) Or is this just a loss I take?

Thanks.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 7/15/12 7:43am
Msg #426911

I think some have offered advice about this before, but

have no idea off the top of my head what specific key words you'd use other than those I'd guess you've already tried.

"Can I ask for print fees for the docs if they do not call me back to re-schedule the appointment"

I would not wait for the callback - I'd be billing them for the 240 pages I already printed. What if it never closes? What if you're not available? They may have canceled the appt but that doesn't mean you didn't have your printing done for the day - and remember, THEY canceled, not you. You're now out the cost of 240 pages. I'd bill them for it, and not wait to see IF I get the second call.

JMO

Reply by Yoli/CA on 7/15/12 7:57am
Msg #426913

My procedure is: I get the confirmation, confirm/schedule signing appointment then notify hiring party of confirmation then (and only then - unless instructed otherwise) print the docs. If I print, I'm due that print fee of $25. Some NSA's charge a higher print fee. If you have a schedule of fees and your print fee is listed, charge that amount. Are your fees, for example, $100 for overnight docs or $125 for edocs? If so, you charge that additional printing fee.

I always invoice at conclusion of assignment and consider a cancellation a conclusion. I would invoice now for the print. If they call back to re-schedule, that would be a new invoice. 2 separate transactions.

JMHO

Reply by MW/VA on 7/15/12 8:59am
Msg #426915

Yes, bill them for the print fee. n/m

Reply by Linda Juenger on 7/15/12 10:53am
Msg #426920

I would have mentioned immediately when they called

cancelling the signing that you already printed the docs and came to a mutual fee while you had them n the phone. Waiting and calling several days later or billing them later you are taking a chance of them even remembering. They aren't going to offer anything unless you tell them you already printed.

Reply by Clem/CA on 7/15/12 11:02am
Msg #426921

I do not print until I get a confirmation from the BO. When I do get a confirmation and print I send an email to the hiring party that I have printed the docs. I now have a record of it if there is a problem getting a print fee. I have seen some instruction packages that say do not print until confirmation is established

Reply by Karla/OR on 7/15/12 1:32pm
Msg #426932

Thanks to everyone who replied! Most helpful! n/m

Reply by NJDiva on 7/16/12 2:39pm
Msg #427036

Karla, you should most definitely get a print fee...

some companies will put that caveat out there that you'll be called for the reschedule just to possibly avoid paying a print fee.

For me, I don't care if it's rescheduled or not, I deserve a print fee and support you on requesting (fervently?) one.

Besides, even if you do get the reschedule, you've still printed out a ream of paper. Not fair to you.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.